Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Charles Daly 1911 that has some minor corrosion and loss of
Bluing on the muzzle end of the slide.

I'm thinking about bead blasting the slide and Duracoting it in a Titanium color.

Since this is a low end gun, what are your thoughts on this?

Would the titanium slide and original bluing on the frame go
Together well? Or should I just invest in refinishing the slide to original?

I hate to ruin a gun but don't think this is a huge risk to a gun I plan on keeping for myself as a weekly shooter. Thanks for any/ all input.

GTO

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
As you stated it's not a high end gun that you really need to worry about resale value. Bluing doesn't offer enough protection. So I would disregard that option. Your only limited by cost. Do you want to do it yourself? How much upkeep do you do on your gun? I have a buddy that has a nice Colt commander. He wears it on duty and hardly cleans it. It had rust and wear issues. I told him to send it off to Robar. They refinished it in a 2 tone Np3/roguard. Looks great and doesn't require the maintenance it needed before. Cheapest way would be the one you mentioned. Bead blast and Duracoat.
Post before and after pics.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
There's really not going to be any resale value in it, no matter what you do, because of the name. I have a similar problem with my Auto Ordnance 1911, both in finish and frame. Personally, based on many reviews that I've read, I prefer Cerakote over Duracoat. I found a certified Cerakote provider who is relatively local to me and got a quote for them to do everything except the pins, hammer and trigger in black. I have not had it done yet, so I cannot vouch for their work, but you may want to call or check out their website.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We can refinish your entire pistol for $85.00 plus $15.50 for FedEx express return shipping. I highly suggest the Cerakote Graphite Black as it is a very nice rich black. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime. I am happy to help. Take care.

Tyler Wilson
Georgia Gunsmithing LLC
www.GaGunsmithing.com
Shop: (706) 229-6909

Fax: (678) 601-6472

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.