Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have been wanting to reduce the trigger pulls on my glocks for some time now, mainly bc of the new Gen 4 17 I just ordered.
I wanted to keep everything oem though, so I finally bit the bullet and ordered some "-" marked connectors.

This morning I decided I am going to install them.
I started with a qtip and some polishing compound and began polishing the new connectors. Moving to paper towels gave me much better results.
I polished the entire connector and trigger bar, working for about 10 mins got the job done.

I put one new polished connector in each of my 2 Gen 3s (19 & 23) and 1 in my Gen 4 17.
Polished and installed I function tested everything, all is well. I wasn't exactly as happy with the 17, sooo, an idea popped in my head.
I took the trigger bar out of my 19 and switched it into the 17 function test went well, no issues.
Even more interesting was the trigger bar from the 17 in the 19 worked awesome! I don't understand why, but it was so crisp, light, no over travel at all, by far the absolute best of them all.
Next I think I am going to order some new complete spring and parts kits for all the others and tune them up. We'll see if that helps any with the trigger pulls and over travel.

Anyone have an experience with the gen 4 trigger bars in a gen 3 and more so importantly, vice versa?
Any similar experiences with tuning up an older Glock also?

Ill have a range report if there is any issues on my end once I get the range.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Perhaps the G19 bar was already well broken-in? So by comparison to a fresh (albeit polished) new G17 bar, it would function smoother....

(Moving thread to Gunsmithing)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Perhaps the G19 bar was already well broken-in? So by comparison to a fresh (albeit polished) new G17 bar, it would function smoother....

(Moving thread to Gunsmithing)
I would agree, however, the new bar from the gen 4 functions so smoothly in the 19 I was impressed.
That same bar in the 17 was heavy, gritty almost.

I'm at a loss, even more puzzling, the gen 4 bar has the bump to ride the slide rail. In the 17 pull was reduced only slightly. In the 19 that same bar actually was nicer than the original nor polished and all.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I haven't played with diff trigger bars. But remember these are stamped pieces, and as such tolerances will vary. Possible the newer trigger bar has better tolerances and is giving a better/smoother pull. As long as all safeties work and the gun functions well i say use it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts