Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Illinois, which just enacted a 15-round limit for handgun magazines. I have plenty of G17 17-round mags, and would appreciate info on how to permanently reduce their capacity to 15 rounds. (Has to be permanent modification to be legal.)

I could sell them to someone in a state where they are still legal and buy new 15-rounders, but I expect I'd get hosed on the prices even if I could find the 15-rounders.

I'm not a machinist, but I have a drill press and a bunch of files. I suspect that epoxy will figure in there someplace.

All suggestions welcome. (I'm already looking into moving to another state, so save that one...)

· Premium Member
15,175 Posts
Honestly I’d keep the 17 mags & buy a G19. WA was going to do 15, but settled on 10. 15 rounds would of at least kept my g19, 20, 21, 22, & 13 round mags I run in my subcompact .357 sig. The only upside is they didn’t restrict possession or carrying of 10 round mags. I just can’t buy new mags over 10 rounds. I personally would of left WA state years ago, but I’m not willing to move away from my parents as they are getting older. Stupid restrictions that only punish law abiding gun owners!!

· Premium Member
15,175 Posts
I'm in Illinois, which just enacted a 15-round limit for handgun magazines. I have plenty of G17 17-round mags, and would appreciate info on how to permanently reduce their capacity to 15 rounds. (Has to be permanent modification to be legal.)

I could sell them to someone in a state where they are still legal and buy new 15-rounders, but I expect I'd get hosed on the prices even if I could find the 15-rounders.

I'm not a machinist, but I have a drill press and a bunch of files. I suspect that epoxy will figure in there someplace.

All suggestions welcome. (I'm already looking into moving to another state, so save that one...)

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
I recall some ban states allowing riveted mags as a permanent modification to 10 or 15 rounds.
I’d check to see if it’s legal in your state.
I like the rivet mod instead of epoxy incase you move to a free state or mag restrictions get struck down, the rivet can be removed and you’d just have a hole in the mag but full capacity.
Rectangle Font Material property Sandal Outdoor shoe

Auto part Bicycle part Composite material Office supplies Transparency

Attachments

· Registered
4,923 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Buy a couple of 15-round mags and use them at the range, just put the 17-round mags away for now, until that unConstitutional 'law' is repealed and you can use them again.

IMO, if States no longer want to honor the Constitution (as they promised to do when they received statehood) they should no longer receive any Federal Funding for anything. Not a dime.

· Premium Member
3,623 Posts
Well the word magazines is addressed....

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever,
over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as
may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance
of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the
United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places
purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in
which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines,
Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful Buildings;

· Registered
12 Posts

Don’t do anything just yet. You’ve got a year to comply & the law will be overturned by then. And definitely don’t register any long guns. I’m also in Illinois.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts