Red Night Sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Sarahglock19, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Sarahglock19

Sarahglock19 New Member

I am new to this whole gun thing and have been having trouble finding red night sights, if they even exist, for my Glock 19 Gen 3. I like the green night sights my boyfriend has on his but I want to do a whole red thing with my gun. I have found red sights but since I use this as a form of protection at night while I am working in a bad part of town I want to be able to see the sights at night. Any ideas?

2. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I don't know that I have ever seen any red night sights.
    I know of orange night sights.
    Interesting, I'll have to look as well.

3. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

Just thought, try opticsplanet.com and see if they have anything that may fit your need.

4. Sarahglock19

Sarahglock19 New Member

I found the orange ones too but I will check out that site and see what I can find! Thank you!

5. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I don't recall ever seeing red night sights, they might be out there though. The color red is at the far end of the visible spectrum, and is harder for the human eye to see than colors in the center of the spectrum, such as green. Good luck in your quest though.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Green and yellow are much easier for your eyes to discern in darkness/low light conditions. Red is not. Red will look blurry and your eyes will actually avert away from the color to decipher it. This in turn would make your sights off even though they may appear lined up. You cannot do red and blue or red and green night sights because of a 3D effect. This causes your eyes to focus forward and back too quickly and you spend too much time trying to decide which is front and which is back instead of focusing on your front sight and squeezing the tigger.

7. Sarahglock19

Sarahglock19 New Member

Good to know guess I will just stick with orange sights instead! Thanks everyone

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

You are more than welcome.

9. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

There is a reason that green front and green rear sights are specified for law enforcement. Green is the brightest color perceived by the human eye on the night spectrum. With changing light conditions, such as flashing lights and moving car headlights, all other colors will wash out but green. I highly recommend all green night sight from a professional view and experience. If you have to use other colors the only combination I would recommend is green front and yellow rear. The focus is always on the front sight so that one must be green. Bill

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I use the TRUGLO TFO green front/yellow rear sights on all my self defense pistols.

11. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Green also lasts longer. Orange and yellow sights will require replacement sooner than green and generally have a shorter warranty by 2-4 years, depending on the brand.

12. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member