Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you ever used a laser on a pistol before? The dot can move around a lot especially if you are a coffee drinker. Also sometimes hard to see in the daytime.

That specific example is expensive compared to rail mounted. I would get a cheaper laser and put it on another pistol to see if it is practical for you.

I have one on an AR pistol, but primarily use its red dot and then the iron sights with the laser being a distant 3rd place. However, my Ruger 10/22 Lasermax is incredibly accurate even in the daytime as long as you don't go too far out. Simply point and shoot you cannot miss.

· Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Have you ever used a laser on a pistol before? The dot can move around a lot especially if you are a coffee drinker. Also sometimes hard to see in the daytime.

That specific example is expensive compared to rail mounted. I would get a cheaper laser and put it on another pistol to see if it is practical for you.

I have one on an AR pistol, but primarily use its red dot and then the iron sights with the laser being a distant 3rd place. However, my Ruger 10/22 Lasermax is incredibly accurate even in the daytime as long as you don't go too far out. Simply point and shoot you cannot miss.
I have 2 red & one green. If they can handle my g20sf, & especially my .357 sig subcompact. I’m sure the 43X version will be fine. If you buy one, order back up batteries. I always keep a back up set on hand.

· Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Also it will not work with many kydex holsters due to the way it turns on. The take down levers stick out further the oem. If you’d like pics. Let me know.

· Registered
6 Posts
my Ruger 10/22 Lasermax is incredibly accurate even in the daytime as long as you don't go too far out.
The description on Amazon for the 10\22 Lasermax says "The bright red 635 nm continuous wave laser is visible out to 100 yards in good lighting conditions" - does that (100 yards) sound reasonable to you, nickndfl ??

· Premium Member
15,182 Posts
The description on Amazon for the 10\22 Lasermax says "The bright red 635 nm continuous wave laser is visible out to 100 yards in good lighting conditions" - does that (100 yards) sound reasonable to you, nickndfl ??
I know you didn’t ask me, but I’d say that’s reasonable. At 100 yards I’m not seeing a situation I’d use a laser on any of my rifles. I’m sure there are some out there that are rated for over 100 yards, but lasers are more of a cqb aid. Imho.

Reactions: RIP

· Registered
6 Posts
I know that folks have different opinions on stuff like this, and there are certainly strong cases to be made for this or that solution, but for me, whatever works best for a given individual is the best solution for them, I guess. I was wondering about the laser on a 10\22 because when I've tried a laser in the past, I couldn't pick up the laser on a target at 100 yards - maybe it was the laser, maybe it was my eyes, maybe it's because while I'm right handed, I can't close my left eye so I have to put the gun on my left shoulder - I have a red dot on the 10\22 now and it's fine - BUT, I was wondering if a laser would be easier to "pick up" than the red dot - I need to find a laser like the one mentioned, but it'll need to fit on the after-market ATI Folding Tactical stock that's on my 10\22 right now - there's a Picatinny rail on the underside of the ATI stock near the front, but there's also enough room for a barrel mount laser - any suggesstions? Thanks !

· Premium Member
15,182 Posts
I know that folks have different opinions on stuff like this, and there are certainly strong cases to be made for this or that solution, but for me, whatever works best for a given individual is the best solution for them, I guess. I was wondering about the laser on a 10\22 because when I've tried a laser in the past, I couldn't pick up the laser on a target at 100 yards - maybe it was the laser, maybe it was my eyes, maybe it's because while I'm right handed, I can't close my left eye so I have to put the gun on my left shoulder - I have a red dot on the 10\22 now and it's fine - BUT, I was wondering if a laser would be easier to "pick up" than the red dot - I need to find a laser like the one mentioned, but it'll need to fit on the after-market ATI Folding Tactical stock that's on my 10\22 right now - there's a Picatinny rail on the underside of the ATI stock near the front, but there's also enough room for a barrel mount laser - any suggesstions? Thanks !
I’d be hard pressed to see a laser at 100 yards. I also shoot with one eye closed due to an injury. I have trouble picking up most pistol red dots. I have had good luck with a holosun one I bought. It’s green reticle, & I set it to the larger circle with a dot in the middle. Kind of like an eotech reticle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.