Glock Firearms banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I can't see a con, unless one is not familiar/untrained on how to use a red dot, or perhaps initial cost. I've carried red dots for a little over 2 years (concealed carry/edc). Amongst the pros: for at least many quicker target acquisition, significantly quicker target transition, much better defensive peripheral view, much clearer and brighter for aging eyes (like mine sadly). It doesn't add any significant weight or even bulk.
In my case used to carry a G19 with a RMR, for the last year + I've switched to a P365 with a Sig Romeo Zero. I liked the RMR Type 2 much better than the Romeo Zero, but it works well enough. I'm fairly sure the aftermarket does carry adapters to use an RMR on a P365, or you could try one of their new smaller RMR's. They were a bit to pricey for my budget at the time/still. What Sig do you carry?

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
I can't see a con, unless one is not familiar/untrained on how to use a red dot, or perhaps initial cost. I've carried red dots for a little over 2 years (concealed carry/edc). Amongst the pros: for at least many quicker target acquisition, significantly quicker target transition, much better defensive peripheral view, much clearer and brighter for aging eyes (like mine sadly). It doesn't add any significant weight or even bulk.
In my case used to carry a G19 with a RMR, for the last year + I've switched to a P365 with a Sig Romeo Zero. I liked the RMR Type 2 much better than the Romeo Zero, but it works well enough. I'm fairly sure the aftermarket does carry adapters to use an RMR on a P365, or you could try one of their new smaller RMR's. They were a bit to pricey for my budget at the time/still. What Sig do you carry?
That about sums it up perfectly!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
What would be the pros and cons of running a RMR red dot on my sig? I dont see it being practical for a EDC
Cons- you need to train and be acquainted with it. If you switch out to guns often without a red dot it’ll hamper your presentation and make you hunt for the dot. Cost is a negative. Anything battery/electric has Murphy’s Law attached to it.

Pros- The Military and Law Enforcement are and are getting invested in pistol red dots. Instead of focusing on the front sight and having your intended target fuzzy, you can focus on your target and even get a better view of the target while the red dot will provide possibly better accuracy.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts