Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
To tell you the truth, I just am leery of gun manufacturers that diversify and go into other fields. S&W back in the 70’s and 80’s got into ammo and other markets, ultimately they went away. Colt had optics and other items and they went away too.
I guess the same could be said about optic companies. But I feel better buying an item from a company that makes that and it’s their bread and butter.
I’ve heard a few cases of Leupold fixing or replacing obsolete optics.

We see this a lot though, its all about brand, for instance theres glock, sig and s&w knives. I think glock has a shovel. s&w has flashlights. Sig has sights. But i think other than their main firearms manufacturing most of these other products are outsourced and just have their logo.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
We see this a lot though, its all about brand, for instance theres glock, sig and s&w knives. I think glock has a shovel. s&w has flashlights. Sig has sights. But i think other than their main firearms manufacturing most of these other products are outsourced and just have their logo.
Glock actually makes their knives in Austria. No outsourcing. Pretty sure they make the shovels also.

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
To tell you the truth, I just am leery of gun manufacturers that diversify and go into other fields. S&W back in the 70’s and 80’s got into ammo and other markets, ultimately they went away. Colt had optics and other items and they went away too.
I guess the same could be said about optic companies. But I feel better buying an item from a company that makes that and it’s their bread and butter.
smartest engineer I ever worked with told me "you're a slave to your vender." When these companies "branch out", they often send in a management team with business experience but not product experience. Part gets rebranded, team wants profits, quality pays the cost. Been in mfg. most of my life, and can't wait to get out, as my boss found out today...dammit, calling a coworker and two engineers idiots didn't work, and my talk of retiring in 8 months (after my thoughts of getting fired/layoff didn't pan out) was met with "we hope you decide to change your mind." rats, foiled again. :p

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
I never checked out their lights. I never got passed the funny look of them.
I think it looked good on the gun but construction was not nearly as solid feeling as the competition. Switch felt like it would break too easily and I think to this day they don’t offer a LED!:eek:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've always leaned towards buying American, but since the purposeful creation and realise of the China Virus, I've gone hard on not buying anything made in China (if I can help it). I know it's not an option you suggested, but I'd go with a Trijicon. A couple months ago I bought a Sig Romeo Zero for my P365, at least it's "assembled" in the US - so of the options you listed, I'd go with the Sig.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Crimson Trace has come out with some interesting red dots that are pretty affordable. The one for pistols has me really intrigued and if I had a slide that could accommodate one I'd buy one today. The one for shotguns and rifles is pretty neat also.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah, you are right about that. I agree, it is better/safer to buy optics from an optics company, knives from a knives company, etc.
Back to the Holosun.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The Trijicom RMRs are great, but cost a lot more.
I’m looking for something of good quality, durable and reasonable priced, and that is the reason I started looking at the three I posted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 5 Holosuns. One went bad and Holosun sent me a better sight as the unit I had was no longer made. The first one I got is on an AR that I gave to my daughter that I built in 2016. I went to Vegas last year for Thanksgiving and we shot that AR....sight went on and was still zeroed in! Never changed the original battery......about 4000+ rounds on that sight.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
How’s the weather in Tampa Cliff?
Windy here in st.pete

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have 5 Holosuns. One went bad and Holosun sent me a better sight as the unit I had was no longer made. The first one I got is on an AR that I gave to my daughter that I built in 2016. I went to Vegas last year for Thanksgiving and we shot that AR....sight went on and was still zeroed in! Never changed the original battery......about 4000+ rounds on that sight.
That says a lot about the company and the product.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Trijicom RMRs are great, but cost a lot more.
I’m looking for something of good quality, durable and reasonable priced, and that is the reason I started looking at the three I posted.
Trijicon! Proudly 100% made inthe USA. I will not buy Communist China crap. Trijicons are expensive, because they are worth it. They always work.
God bless America!
Signed,
Owner of 8 Trijicons, MRO, RMR, RMR CC, and ACOG scope. I am a customer, not a Trijicon employee.

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
Are all Trijicon® products “Made in USA”?

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG®, VCOG®, RMR®, SRO®, Reflex, MRO®, Iron Sights, MGRS®, CCAS®, Thermal Optics, Ventus™, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA. Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements. All Trijicon products are designed in Michigan and have the same stringent quality processes applied to them, including the Science of Brilliant™ testing methodology. All Trijicon products are backed by our limited lifetime warranty. Each product is marked according to its origin.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts