Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at getting a Red Dot for my Ruger 10/22 and the AR15.
What is your opinion between these three?
Thanks.

- Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Compact Red Dot - 2 MOA.

- Holosun HS403B Micro Red Dot Optic - 2 MOA.

- Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight Gen II - 2 MOA.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
My money I’d probably go with the Holosun. Surpasses most everything in its class performance wise.

Vortex has the best no bs warranty though.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Holosun, you must be young. 2MOA.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to throw a wrench in (ok, maybe a little), but what’s the anticipated usage of your 10/22?
The 10/22 is mainly a range gun. It has a scope now that I am transferring to another rifle. So it is either a small/compact 3x, 4x scope or a red dot.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sig Romeo 5 or Holosun?
I have been reading online reviews and they are both great, but supposedly, Sig has a better warranty and customer support.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Sig Romeo 5 or Holosun?
I have been reading online reviews and they are both great, but supposedly, Sig has a better warranty and customer support.
I know at one time holosun made some of the Sig red dots. I’m not sure if that’s still the case, but my $ would want the Sig name on it.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know at one time holosun made some of the Sig red dots. I’m not sure if that’s still the case, but my $ would want the Sig name on it.
There is no way to know for sure if that is the case today. I don’t think either company will answer that question. But if that were the case, and Sig’s customer service is better, the Sig Romeo 5 wins.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
My concern with the Sig is that they change models quicker and through a third party so I’m not sure what they would do for an obsolete model warranty wise.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My concern with the Sig is that they change models quicker and through a third party so I’m not sure what they would do for an obsolete model warranty wise.
Good point. I think the warranty is 5 years for both Sig and Holosun. I’m assuming they will cover it for that long even is the model is discontinued.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
Good point. I think the warranty is 5 years for both Sig and Holosun. I’m assuming they will cover it for that long even is the model is discontinued.
In Sig years? I never saw a company introduce so many products at Shot Show, then either never release or scrap it entirely. Some designs were great too. The 556 rifle line was awesome then discontinued. Their R&D guys must be as busy as NASA in the 60’s!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
In Sig years? I never saw a company introduce so many products at Shot Show, then either never release or scrap it entirely. Some designs were great too. The 556 rifle line was awesome then discontinued. Their R&D guys must be as busy as NASA in the 60’s!
How is Sig’s customer service when it comes to firearms? Don’t some products have a lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’m looking at getting a Red Dot for my Ruger 10/22 and the AR15.
What is your opinion between these three?
Thanks.

- Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Compact Red Dot - 2 MOA.

- Holosun HS403B Micro Red Dot Optic - 2 MOA.

- Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight Gen II - 2 MOA.
My only choice is Trijicon. I have three RMRs on my ARs with ACOG, four MROs on my AR Pistols, two RMRs on Glocks, and one RMR CC on a Sig P365.
Trijicon rules!!!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
How is Sig’s customer service when it comes to firearms? Don’t some products have a lifetime warranty?
I’ve seen good service but heard some negative on here.
We had a couple of members here that had issues.
The gun store I used to work at, had a few Sig guns that had cosmetic issues. Sig took them back and fixed the issues no problems. I also had customers that had minor issues, again Sig addressed them with no problems reported to me.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
To tell you the truth, I just am leery of gun manufacturers that diversify and go into other fields. S&W back in the 70’s and 80’s got into ammo and other markets, ultimately they went away. Colt had optics and other items and they went away too.
I guess the same could be said about optic companies. But I feel better buying an item from a company that makes that and it’s their bread and butter.
I’ve heard a few cases of Leupold fixing or replacing obsolete optics.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts