Red Dawn

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vanessab, Jun 20, 2012.

1. vanessab

vanessab New Member

Watching it right now on AMC. Love this movie.

2. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

A new one is coming out this year.

3. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

The other Patrick Swayze and 'Baby' movie...

Wolverines!

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey?

5. vanessab

vanessab New Member

I could see something like this really happening, except it would be muslims attacking and liberals letting them do it and saying they were just expressing themselves.
    I'm not sorry if I offended anyone.

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Red dawn is a classic. I am excited to see what the remake will be like when it happens.

7. Glock897

Glock897 Member

It's already happened and is still happening.

8. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Heard that they are also doing a remake of Total Recall. Not the same class as Red Dawn, but be interesting to see The result

9. Glock897

Glock897 Member

The Outsiders had a lot of the same cast. That's one of my favorite movies. Stay gold Ponyboy.

10. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

The Total Recall remake looks pretty badass from the trailer. Especially that Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel are in it.

11. Chukar

Chukar New Member

I rest my case...

12. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

Red Dawn is a little depressing but I still like it. Total Recall is definitely good. I didn't know there was a new one coming out.

13. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Zombieland is on too. Now that I could see happening

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I was watching Red Dawn too. I remember it being a lot cooler when I saw it in the theater. (When I was 13 lol)

15. william488

william488 New Member

lol my friends and I, living in CA in the mountains, watched this so many times we had to buy a second copy because we worn out the VHS out. my friend's family had 2800+ acres and we use to gather all his guns in his house (only rifles), all the food in the pantry and head into the hills. (of course when his mother was not home):p We would do this to see how fast we can gather our stuff and hide out. We made a camp site with a working old well. We used a bike to pump the water and we took a old beat up car with no windshield and made it our bug out vehicle. we were 13-15 years old. Man, those were the good old days. We went out hunting boar every few weeks on his property. camped out almost every weekend spring through fall, and a few times in the winter. I remember once we were stocked by a mountain lion when we went out feeding the cattle, that was scarry, we were not caring any guns that trip. We usually had a rifle in the truck, but our truck broke down a mile or two back on one of the roads and we hiked it out and left the gun in the truck.

Anyway, on the new movie, it was actually taped close to where I live, (about 50 miles south) in Spokane WA area. Instead of russians it has the Chinese as the invaders (atlest when they taped it in 2008-2009. They edited I guess and made it North Korean now (atleast the North Korean info was what Wiki said). I remember when they taped it and about the Chinese because it was big news up here, had a few friends who went to be extra. lol, none of them ever were.

16. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Read that they changed bad guys to North Koreans because they didn't want to offend the Chinese. Red Dawn was so unP.C. hate to see them buckle to whoever pressured them to change. Who knows they might CGI the N. Koreans into zombies if they hear any backlash from N. Korea.;)

17. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Oh man I love that movie, need to watch it again. The remake intrigues me.

18. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Never saw the Movie but read the book several times!