Recover Tactical Brace Stabilizer Conversion Kit for Glock 17/19.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by j102, Jun 27, 2020.

1. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

2. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

It got here today.
    Just a quick picture. I need to put the charging handle on and tie the screw.

[​IMG]

3. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I have not shot the Recover Tactical Brace yet, but here are my initial observations:

Pros:
    - Well build, strong, light.
    - I think it would work well as a brace.

Cons:
    - Only one. If you unintentionally shoulder it, the iron sights will be hard to use, unless you bent your head a lot, which is uncomfortable for me at least. Not really a problem if you have optics in your gun.

Maybes:
    - The charging handle kind of gets in the way of the iron sights.
    - The bottom piece of the charging handle assembly sits on the slide’s edge/rails and could potentially rub against the frame. I imagine that one of those backplates that come with a charging piece would work better (TacRack or similar ones) if there is enough clearance for it.

If you get one, optics is the way to go.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  4. kengrant

kengrant Member

I have both the MCK and the Recover . I use a G22 in the MCK and a G34 in the Recover .
    I prefer the Recover for my use .
    Even thinking about selling the MCK . I also have the Green Laser Sight for the MCK and it is a piece of junk .

j102 and Southlake like this.
  5. chowser51

chowser51 Well-Known Member

mine came today. totally totally ridiculous!!

looks like it will be a lot of fun. have my Glock 45 in it now. Trying to find my 357SIG Glock 35 which is probably what will reside in this full time.

[​IMG]

:D

MagnoliaTom, Southlake and Danzig like this.
  6. MagnoliaTom

MagnoliaTom Member

Totally ridiculous? Maybe. Totally awesome? Absolutely!!!

7. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Nice! 357Sig would be a great match for it. Hopefully you have an optic on the G35 too, and a can.

8. chowser51

chowser51 Well-Known Member

I have an optic on my 35 MOS. No suppressor for 357 SIG though. I do have Glock 22 rd mags for it.