Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Glocking it everyday!
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for one of my favorite accessory sellers to get the Recover P-IX and today they had it at the local Gun Show.

I had the Recover 20/20 and while very compact the slide was closer to my face than I would have liked.

I put my G17, Gen 5 in it and a EOTech on it. Hope to get it to the range soon.

· Glocking it everyday!
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We’ll, had to wait for Ian to leave but I did get this set up to the range on Sunday.

I was dealing with a couple of hurdles, first time shooting this, first time using this EOTech sight, sighting in the EOTech, shooting two different brands of ammo.

That said, I like it but will need to fine tune everything. No way to lock the slide back manually. I put an empty magazine in, rack the slide then eject the magazine.

The safety feels cheap, it’s not an AR, but it’s functional. I was looking at it today and there appears to be a stop between safe and fire that keeps the trigger safe too and less mechanical movement to the fire position.

Trigger is nothing like the AR, to be expected as it’s a leaver pulling the Glock trigger. I have no doubt others can shoot better with it than I can but it was a little distracting to me.

All shots were at 15 yards, when I thought I had it dialed in, I’d get a flyer or two. Again I’m not use to shooting with this EOTech sight and I’m sure most of the errors are me. I feel like I was turning the adjustment screws on the EOTech a lot to get it to hit where I was aiming. Especially at only 15 yards.

I bought my P-IX with the Trinity Force blade pistol brace and it just didn’t feel right. I’ve ordered a SBA4 adjustable pistol brace and buffer tube for it. I think it’ll work better for me.

Was I blown away and thought this was an answer to a Glock carbine, no. Once I get some more range time with it and become more familiar with everything working together, it might be the bees knees, just not yet.

All shots were from 15 yards. Never mind that “other” gun in the photo.

Reactions: RIP and Danzig

· Glockin’ since 1993
50,356 Posts
We’ll, had to wait for Ian to leave but I did get this set up to the range on Sunday.

I was dealing with a couple of hurdles, first time shooting this, first time using this EOTech sight, sighting in the EOTech, shooting two different brands of ammo.

That said, I like it but will need to fine tune everything. No way to lock the slide back manually. I put an empty magazine in, rack the slide then eject the magazine.

The safety feels cheap, it’s not an AR, but it’s functional. I was looking at it today and there appears to be a stop between safe and fire that keeps the trigger safe too and less mechanical movement to the fire position.

Trigger is nothing like the AR, to be expected as it’s a leaver pulling the Glock trigger. I have no doubt others can shoot better with it than I can but it was a little distracting to me.

All shots were at 15 yards, when I thought I had it dialed in, I’d get a flyer or two. Again I’m not use to shooting with this EOTech sight and I’m sure most of the errors are me. I feel like I was turning the adjustment screws on the EOTech a lot to get it to hit where I was aiming. Especially at only 15 yards.

I bought my P-IX with the Trinity Force blade pistol brace and it just didn’t feel right. I’ve ordered a SBA4 adjustable pistol brace and buffer tube for it. I think it’ll work better for me.

Was I blown away and thought this was an answer to a Glock carbine, no. Once I get some more range time with it and become more familiar with everything working together, it might be the bees knees, just not yet.

All shots were from 15 yards. Never mind that “other” gun in the photo.

I’ve read that a lot of Glock chassis designs have issues with flyers.
The blade brace is uncomfortable especially with pistol cartridge recoil impulses.
SBA3 or SBA4 are the way to go.
I like the concept of this chassis but I’m not willing to drop $100 on one.
Thanks for the update and looking forward to follow ups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts