Recommendations on a OC OWB holster?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by sgio91, Jul 28, 2012.

1. sgio91

sgio91 New Member

Hey guys I'm getting impatient and can't wait until next month for my ccw class. My 19 is getting tired of just sitting at home when I go places lol. I would like to start OC'ing to see if I like it or not. I really like the look and feel of the paddle holsters so I've definitely narrowed it down to that.

Now the hard part, which one.... Looking to spend less than $50 if that helps with a recommendation. Oh and I like the Blackhawk! Serpa holster and also the 5.11 thumb drive holster. Anybody have any good or bad experience with either of those? Also any other good paddle holsters feel free to throw out there.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Mike P can hook you up! DefensiveHolsters.com here is where you can go or PM him at MIKEP here in the forum!

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I personally open carry with a Serpa Holster everyday.
    I sell serpa holsters for $40, and I sell 5.11 thumbdrive holsters for $60.

I also have Fobus paddle holsters for $25.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm a fan of the SERPA holster.

5. You can buy which ever holster you want but anyone would be lying if they didn't agree that serpas are bulky and thick of CCW use.

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Hence why I don't CC with it!! Lol
    Mike, you offer a paddle version or willing to make that an option?

7. No, we do not offer a paddle. When you get into stuff like that, they would need to be injection molded.

8. RES17CUE

RES17CUE New Member

I don't have one of Mike's yet but I do have, and highly recommend, the Safariland ALS holster. Felt lined so it won't mess with the finish and extremely comfortable. I got mine on Amazon for under $40

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I can do those for $40