Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recommendation on a good, durable monocular or spotting scope under $150.
Trying to see bullet holes better at 100-200 yards.
I use Shoot-N-C targets, but would like a little bit of help at those distances.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Good quality glass and $150 do not go together. Quality glass is not cheap. I saved a bunch by picking up a used unit off of a local for sale sight (craigslist, offer-up, let-go, etc.)

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
I need a recommendation on a good, durable monocular or spotting scope under $150.
Trying to see bullet holes better at 100-200 yards.
I use Shoot-N-C targets, but would like a little bit of help at those distances.
Some of my buddies use binoculars. Have one watch while other is shooting, fwiw.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good quality glass and $150 do not go together. Quality glass is not cheap. I saved a bunch by picking up a used unit off of a local for sale sight (craigslist, offer-up, let-go, etc.)
I agree, quality glass is not cheap. I’m not looking for the highest quality, just something that can work at a decent price.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
I agree, quality glass is not cheap. I’m not looking for the highest quality, just something that can work at a decent price.
I’ve not tried the vortex Monocle, but 3 of us went in on the vortex spotting scope. We have been very happy with it. I’ve been impressed with every vortex item I’ve bought for the price.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve not tried the vortex Monocle, but 3 of us went in on the vortex spotting scope. We have been very happy with it. I’ve been impressed with every vortex item I’ve bought for the price.
Vortex makes good stuff.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
I bought one of those at half the price during a sale. They are nice, but 8x or 10x are not enough for me, especially at those distances. I’m thinking something with at least a 20x magnification.
I bought a couple of cheap spotting scopes through the years. Burris or Bushnell. Kind of crappy really. Would’ve been better to just buy a quality unit.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It seems I need to raise my price point.
I mentioned the Nikon brand since I have the compact 3x32 P223 scope on my AR and it’s perfect for my needs, and it was only $140.00 (however they quit making rifle scopes now) I thought they would probably make a budget spotting scope also, but after checking I couldn’t find one.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I mentioned the Nikon brand since I have the compact 3x32 P223 scope on my AR and it’s perfect for my needs, and it was only $140.00 (however they quit making rifle scopes now) I thought they would probably make a budget spotting scope also, but after checking I couldn’t find one.
It’s a shame they stopped making riflescopes. They are good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts