RECOIL magazine

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by KeenansGarage, Jan 28, 2012.

1. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Has anyone seen this magazine yet? I saw it on the news stand, picked it up and haven't put it down. It cost me $8.99, but it was worth it. Great color pictures and discusses everything. Had articles about knives, a 'zombie' proof house, a SHTF vehicle, etc.
    There was a good article about stippling grips too.
    It even came with a free target in the middle.
    I liked it, just wondered if anyone else has seen it?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Something to look for in the stand..

3. $8.99? It better be good.

4. KeenansGarage

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  5. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Read it while at the shop and save your money for ammo. ;)

6. KeenansGarage

4th issue is out now. Bought it yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    I wish these guys would come up with a subscription, because this magazine is great. Kinda-pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

7. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Personally wouldn't buy it after that article they published and then butchered the PR after that. Pretty anti 2amendment comments made in that magazine.

8. KeenansGarage

Maybe in that article, but definately not in the whole magazine.
    They have a whole section on NFA items. I think the comments from that article have been taken WAY out of context. Have you read the article yet?

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Yeah, I would just take it out on the writer but the crap that recoil was doing with siding with him in an attempt to control damage just lost my trust for the company.

They do have good articles and all but that slip up just rubbed me wrong.

10. KeenansGarage

To each their own. I do not feel that in any way the magazine is anti-2nd amendment. That would be a far stretch.
    I will say that it probably was not one of their best written articles, in hindsight of the terminology/phrases used.

I will also say, go read the article about John Noveske's 300 BLK rifle!! :D I want one! ;)
    Or the article about Costa Ludus. That was just as interesting as the article about Travis Haley!

11. KeenansGarage

Yeah, I went back and re-read the article this afternoon. It is a shame that one bad article has ruined the rest of the magazine.

I really enjoy that magazine, but I am not surprised about the current responses towards that one article.

12. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

No way I'm dishing out $9 a magazine.
    If they had a subscription with a decent price, then maybe.

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I am with ya on that one Black Wolf. Reading his weak and very lame excuses was probably as bad as the initial posts. Guess he thinks Gun Owners will fall for that! "Maximum for Guns" Well seeings I don't like Maximum then I guess I will save my money! His writing sounded like something out of Maximum!

14. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

WOW 1,118 comments:eek: on the FB Page on the so called apology! Man It is intense in the posts. it is running about 45-2 against the Mag or at least the Editor! I didn't read them all but read a hundred or so of them. But the divide seems to be Generational.

But some one tell me is it aq Magazine or a Clip? :)

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Magpul announced on their FB page, they decided not to renew their advertisements or working with Recoil.
    Here are the screenshots:

Attached Files:

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

17. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

Wow, just got the mag on my tablet as part of my subscription and didn't even read the article yet. I learned more about it here than reading the mag.

18. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

They should have just immediately fired the editor and anyone involved with that article. Printed an apology and retraction and moved on. His "apology " made it worse.