Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a model 20 about 10 years ago in 10 mm couldn't get it to hold any type of groups sold it with no regrets, my wife got her pistol permit she has a state trooper friend tell her get a glock so she did model 19 in 9mm I shot it did pretty good with it, ok here's my question I pick up a glock 44 shoots pretty good other than the front sight needs a taller one is there any trigger kits for this I hear some that tried putting on some for center fire guns but say don't, and having a poly type slide I guess changing out the rear sight is not a option, has anyone customize this gun please let me know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"I hear some that tried putting on some for center fire guns but say don't, and having a poly type slide I guess changing out the rear sight is not a option"

I changed out the sights on my g44 with no issues. Wasn't any different than swapping them on a steel slide

·
Registered
91 Posts
How does it shoot at night?
Let me first say that my experience shooting pistols at night is what I would consider fairly limited. Pretty much just shooting pests around the farm, some coon hunting and a handful of low light/ no light classes and matches. I always have a good bright white light, weapon mounted or handheld, and this sight setup works well for me. I can't see the glow of the dot over the brightness of the light but rather the silhouette of the sights.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Let me first say that my experience shooting pistols at night is what I would consider fairly limited. Pretty much just shooting pests around the farm, some coon hunting and a handful of low light/ no light classes and matches. I always have a good bright white light, weapon mounted or handheld, and this sight setup works well for me. I can't see the glow of the dot over the brightness of the light but rather the silhouette of the sights.
I like my Ameriglows. I like that big orange circle. I wish it showed up at night. I'm not sure what the black rear would do at night, with or without a light. I guess I could tape the back sight and take a peek. I did a night course the same day I mounted the sights. No weapon lights. All hand held. Holding the light up by my neck might have illuminted the orange dot. I can't remember. Having too much fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts