Glock Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Rapid Safe AR Gunlocker from Hornady. I know some might not be a fan of it but it's perfect for what I need right now. I'm currently just using the little desiccant packs. I want something to last a little longer. I'm thinking about putting one of the Arm & Hammer or DampRid moisture absorbers inside. What is everyone else using? What do you recommend? TIA.

1623020040871.png

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I haven't tried it yet, but I recently heard a coffee filter filled with some flower-drying dessicant from Hobby Lobby does the trick and is super cheap. I guess you're supposed to put the stuff in the filter, and fold it up like a taco and then staple it. I'm going to give it a try, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Reactions: TheKraken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't tried it yet, but I recently heard a coffee filter filled with some flower-drying dessicant from Hobby Lobby does the trick and is super cheap. I guess you're supposed to put the stuff in the filter, and fold it up like a taco and then staple it. I'm going to give it a try, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Yeah, let us know. Never heard of it so I'm going to check into it.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Yeah, let us know. Never heard of it so I'm going to check into it.
Today I went to Hobby Lobby and paid $9.99 for a 1.5 pound bag of dessicant. It’s the stuff for drying flowers. It was enough to fill a couple of small Mason jars. I took off the flat middle part of the lid and replaced it with a coffee filter.
The good thing about the dessicant is that some of the little beads are blue… those are the “indicator” beads. When the blue beads turn pink, they’re full of moisture and it’s time to nuke’em in the microwave. They’re in my safes now.

Reactions: Danzig
1 - 6 of 6 Posts