Range session

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by brutusvk, Apr 15, 2012.

1. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

We shooting for the second time in 36 hours. My saturday session annoyed me so I had to go back. I am shooting an inch low at seven yards with my G31's new Trijicon HDs. The group is consistent. The group is center. It may just be how my eyes view the sights and the target. I am still considering a private instruct for an hour just to watch me and critique. (maybe even shoot my pistol) I know it is adequate. But I want to be perfect with this gun. lol I may "retire" the pistol as my duty gun when I get the G32. I may turn this into my toy guy and shoot USPSA with it. Here is the target from today. The tight shots are 7 yrds, the other holes are 25 yrds.

Attached Files:

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Your grouping is tight enough that I'd say its your sight alignment and not your shooting technique. Are you aiming with the center of your dot covering the bullseye center or aiming with the bullseye center at the top of the front sight?

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

The top of my front sight is lined up on the center line of the target. I wasn't using the "dot". Maybe I should be?

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I'm not familiar with the trijicon HDs, but that's my first thought. try picture 3 instead of 2, see it that does it

[​IMG]

5. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Good idea. I have been using image #2. I will try #3 for these sights. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

6. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Went to the range today. I used the POI sight picture. (like in sight image #3) That is the ticket. At 5 and 7 yrs the grouping is fantastic. At 25 yrds I am as good as I ever was. (all in the scoring ring at least) I am very happy with these sights. Thanks for the input, it helped a lot. No matter how long I have been shooting I allways learn something new.