Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm shopping around for a local range to join and there are 2; 1 indoor $280 yr and 1 outdoor $120 yr. Both are pretty decent for what they offer but I noticed some rather strange rules posted at the outdoor.
They don't allow silhouette targets and you are only allowed 3 rnds per magazine. Rifle or pistol. When I asked about the round count the response was "for safety/insurance reasons."
This outdoor is a privately owned so the PA State Game land rules don't apply.
Has anyone else heard of or come across this before? Or is this standard practice?
If I could I'd make friends with someone who had land, but I don't know anyone yet:mad:

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The next closest gun club is like 45 mins to get to....wife won't have that. she wants something close. I agree tho. That rule does seem off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Prices seem a little high as well. I belong to a gun club that costs me 85 a year with 24hr indoor access, 25,50,100 and 200yd ranges, 4 action pistol pits, 2 different clay pigeon areas, 3D archery course, some hiking trails and a law enforcement area. I freaking love it there! It's about a half hour drive from my house so it's close enough but not too far.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Might as well shoot a sling shot rather than 3 rnds...

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Prices seem a little high as well. I belong to a gun club that costs me 85 a year with 24hr indoor access, 25,50,100 and 200yd ranges, 4 action pistol pits, 2 different clay pigeon areas, 3D archery course, some hiking trails and a law enforcement area. I freaking love it there! It's about a half hour drive from my house so it's close enough but not too far.
A little clarification here.....the $120 is for both me and my wife ($60 each)

·
Registered
132 Posts
RRoss said:
A little clarification here.....the $120 is for both me and my wife ($60 each)
Mine includes the family. Right now just me and my fiancé. But if we have kids it'll include them as well.

·
Registered
836 Posts
There is an indoor range located inside a LGS about 30 mins away that is free and I can shoot as long as I want as long as I buy ammo from them. Fair prices, so not a bad deal. The outdoor range here in my town, is only $30 a year and is open every day year around! Can shoot anything I want! Awesome!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, hating life now.....I gotta find a better way

·
Banned
767 Posts
dude... 3 rounds? get the eff outta there.... no reason to waste your time, tell them to shove it lol

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
That is a great deal........mine is $225 a year for indoor 25 yd

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is a great deal........mine is $225 a year for indoor 25 yd
Yeah, the indoor range is $240 for the year, but that's a different place all together.

·
Registered
546 Posts
There is one range 5minutes from my house outdoor with clay throwers rifle range differnt berms steel plates and bowling pins etc out to 3?? And two pistol bays steel and paper. Awnings for both bays and range. Can't beat it. You can also hunt there and things (I don't) and even offer classes to improve night shooting etc but they give you a key to the gate and you're allowed to take guests for $35 annual... There also is a range about 25 minutes away that's a good highway drive but offer membership to college students like myself for $5 a year! They supply your targets and everything its a super nice place to go! A local guy kinda just runs it. Its like a personal range well something they opened due to their hobby and competition shooting but they have everything you could ask for also... There are good places out there just gotta find them! I'm in Indiana. Not sure where the rest of you all are at but I couldn't spend for than 80 or so for a year unless I was getting something really justifable but I'm cheap and blessed to be able to shoot at home if need be:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The indoor range closest to me charges $200 for a year. It's not even for unlimited range time. It let's you pay $10 an hour instead of $22. The other range that is farther away is $300 for a year of unlimited range time.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PJones said:
The indoor range closest to me charges $200 for a year. It's not even for unlimited range time. It let's you pay $10 an hour instead of $22. The other range that is farther away is $300 for a year of unlimited range time.
WOW and I thought I had it bad! That is absurd.
Well, good new I found one through a State LEO friend and it looks great. Clean, well kept, and $60 for the first yr w/ $30 renewal. No strange range rules and NO AMMO PER MAG RESTRICTIONS :D
Thanks all for the heads up

·
Registered
723 Posts
3 rounds per mag is just stupid, probably owned by Soros:rolleyes:. Range prices here are any where from$60 to $180/year, the $180/year offers more attitude than anything, but no stupid rules. The local private indoor range is $300 plus you pay by the hour ever time you use it, and I just heard they don't allow reloaded ammo anymore, I will never step foot in there again. My club has 300 yard range, archery, 50 yard pistol, 50 yard plinking, 25 yard combat, trap, indoor pistol ($20 more/year and no jacketed ammo) 2 bass ponds for $80/year including family.

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
I'm jealous .. we have a gun club ( 35 miles away & it's 375 the first year + $70 to add the wife, then $300 per year after that)
There's not much else .. I pay by the hour because that's over 1/2 a glock a year !!!
Agreed (The 3 rds is weird ) ...

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
iamlongbeard said:
I'm jealous .. we have a gun club ( 35 miles away & it's 375 the first year + $70 to add the wife, then $300 per year after that)
There's not much else .. I pay by the hour because that's over 1/2 a glock a year !!!
Agreed (The 3 rds is weird ) ...
Ohh, point well taken! Hadn't thought of it that way

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.