Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my gen 4 19 and my smith and wesson 22a1 to the range today. I shot 100 115gr American eagle out of the 19 and 150 40gr out of the s&w. After cleaning both pistols tonight the s&w won't dry fire. Is there something wrong with it? The owners manual says never dry fire your pistol. I can't remember if I've ever dry fired it. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Took my gen 4 19 and my smith and wesson 22a1 to the range today. I shot 100 115gr American eagle out of the 19 and 150 40gr out of the s&w. After cleaning both pistols tonight the s&w won't dry fire. Is there something wrong with it? The owners manual says never dry fire your pistol. I can't remember if I've ever dry fire it. Can anyone help me?
If I remember correctly doesn't the S&W Have the safety on it where it won't do anything with out the Mag?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
SOunds like an awesome range day.

How far down did you strip that smith and wesson 22a1?

D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only did a field strip and gave it a quick wipe down so I don't think I could have messed it up. I guess I'll just have to go back on to the range Friday and make sure everything is okay.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Whens the last time you've done a detail strip on the slide.

The firing pin./striker channel can be gunked up cuasing the pin to not come all the way (random light strikes).

D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never have. It's basically brand new, only has 250 rounds through it. When I pulled the trigger nothing happened. So I field stripped it again to take a look at everything and I'm not even sure how the trigger connects to the hammer.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
THere should be some disassembly videos on you tube.

250 sounds about right for a cleaning, especially if you're using dirty ammo.

There was a guy on another forum claiming he cleaned the firing pin channel out every 100 rounds and his non-firing problems went away.

DId you inspect the rounds (no dents from the firing pin/light strikes)?

D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything went well at the range only problem was one failure to extract but after I cleared it the pistol worked perfectly. It wasn't until after I had cleaned it I noticed it wouldn't dry fire. I have friday off from work so I'll go to the range and see if it is okay. Anyone in the bucks/mont area is more than welcome to join!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Everything went well at the range only problem was one failure to extract but after I cleared it the pistol worked perfectly. It wasn't until after I had cleaned it I noticed it wouldn't dry fire. I have friday off from work so I'll go to the range and see if it is okay. Anyone in the bucks/mont area is more than welcome to join!
If I wasn't giving the lesson on Friday, i'd be down there.

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts