Range report

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by glocker73, May 26, 2012.

1. Ok, I just got back from the range and need some opinions. First, I installed a Ghost 3.5 Ultimate connector and 6lb trigger spring in my G26 Gen 4 a couple weeks ago and I could tell a big difference in the trigger pull w/ no issues other than the ejected casings hitting me in the face! So, I've since installed the 4lb striker spring and reduced power plunger spring and that made a HUGE improvement in the trigger pull, but I've been hearing that I would have light primer strikes, so I just put 100 rounds of WWB 115gr FMJ and I only had 3 FTFR. So, in the opinions of the experts out there, would this be considered light primer strikes or just 3 dud rounds? Btw, I couldn't tell any difference in the dents on the duds compared to the fired casings.

2. Do you still have the rounds that didn't fire to post some pics of the struck primers? Without seeing anything, I'm inclined to believe the striker spring contributed to the problem. 3 failures in 100 rounds of WWB seems too high a failure rate for it to be 100% due to the ammo.

3. No, I didn't keep the unfired rounds. After inspecting and comparing the fired casing to the dud, the strikes on the primers of the duds didn't appear any different than on the fired ones, so I didn't give thought to keep them. I wish I had've now! I guess I'll take it back to the range for round 2! If I have any issues then, I'll take some pics and post them. Thanks for the help!

4. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Took the 17 for a spin today kinda of rapid fire drills not really precise when it came to accuracy just a quick sight and a double tap but being my first time doing this drill I am pretty happy with my out come. Target was shot at roughly 10 yds

Attached Files:

5. Might consider bringing your old striker pin spring on your next range trip as well, and put it back in if you have another fail to fire, just to see if switching that one part gets you smooth sailing again.

6. Thanks for the info! I think I'll try that. I'm sure that reinstalling the factory striker spring, but leaving the plunger spring will still provide a nice trigger pull. Thanks again!