range report 5/26/12

2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  the_mule 
#1 ·
it was HOT and miserable.........

that is all

#2 ·
it was HOT and miserable.........

that is all
Sorry bout that Mike, I did that yesterday, couldn't see through my sweat half the time. Better luck next time.

#4 ·
Sorry bout that Mike, I did that yesterday, couldn't see through my sweat half the time. Better luck next time.
We waited to late in the day to shoot. Went to a local gun show first then hit the range in the heat of the day. I was sweating like a Hebrew slave and couldn't keep my glasses from fogging up. I love my private outdoor steel target range but there is one disadvantage to being outside from noon until about 7pm.......heat.

I had a butt ton more ammo with me but after 9 pre loaded mags I was done.

#6 ·
What state do you live in??!

It's in the 70's here...

#8 ·
Mike P said:
The S Tennessee/N Georgia area. Humidity heaven.
Oh yeah I feel I spent 90 percent of my life in central and south Florida. I worked in the virgin islands for a while in August it was like being in hell, even in December it was 90 degrees

#9 ·
Oh yeah I feel I spent 90 percent of my life in central and south Florida. I worked in the virgin islands for a while in August it was like being in hell, even in December it was 90 degrees
God yes! PR could be brutal sometimes!

#10 ·
The S Tennessee/N Georgia area. Humidity heaven.
Oh, how I know so very well about the good ole TN heat and humidity! We're only 2 hrs apart! My son and I had plans to go to the range yesterday afternoon, but plans changed after I realized how freakin' hit it was! So, we went early this morning. Still pretty warm though! This is crazy! It's not even June yet! Can't imagine what July and August will be like! Lol!

#15 ·
Thought about shooting tomorrow but I think I will just stay in the AC and make some reloads.
Good plan. It's already hot in this part of the country and it's not even June. :)

#17 ·
The young me stayed outside no matter how hot it was, the 43yr old me sucks up the AC as much as possible. I'm not looking forward to the next 3 months of hell on earth.
Me either. Yuck! Summer in the South.

#19 ·
#22 ·
Guys, it really was hot today! I took a trip up to Greenville, SC and my cars A/C was having trouble keeping up!
Geez man, try Florida! It's been blistering all up and down the east!

#24 ·
dutchs said:
Maybe you prefer winter in the north? NOT!!!
Are gun laws suck her in Cali but are weather is amazing never to hot never to cold! You can Ski in the mourning and surf in the afternoon.

I am from Florida and one of the biggest reasons I haven't moved back is the horrible summers, just can't do it anymore.

#25 ·
I'm from Ohio. 23 years in Florida, just me , i am never doing the winter thing again. Fry me. No SNOW!! PLEASE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.