Range ready..

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by glocknloaded, Mar 8, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Just got a load of ammo any and I am not working tomorrow so I am headed for the range!!!

Supposed to be amazing weather which means outdoor for me :)

Attached Files:

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Sounds like a plan to me :). I think you just talked me into going to range also, my G26 Gen 4 seems like she is a little thirsty!

3. glocknloaded

Well that wasn't hard to talk you in too Haha

I've only been twice since I've bought my G-17( my first handgun) so I am excited to work on my grouping!

4. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

I haven't been to the range in a week. I should stop reading these posts. So wanting to go! :)

5. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Only had my glock 19 just under 2 months., so much fun. My first gun!

6. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

I wanna go!!!!! Come on guys wait up!!!!! GUYS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I am headed there Sunday if it is not pouring rain here! Steel match starts setup at 7:30am!

Afterwards, it's plinking with .22's!

8. fls348

fls348 New Member

I'll be heading to the country tomorrow going to give the G17 & G20 a work out then probably work over the AR a bit.

As long as I've been doing this it just never seems to get old......

9. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Heading out to Clark County Shooting Range today at 4pm. Taking my Glock 17 with 250 rounds and my girlfriend is taking her new 1911-22 with 500 rounds to break it in. Be weraing my black Glock hat if anyone wants to meet up.

10. glocknloaded

Just figured I would follow up my range visit. This is only my 3rd time going with my only handgun I ever owned so take it easy on me lol.

My grouping start low left I played around with my trigger pull and pulled it back up to the bullseye, I feel like I am still anticipating the recoil and am slowly getting better at that.

All in all good day love going middle in the middle of a work day not so crowded.

Ps sorry shooting a g-17 at 30'

Attached Files:

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

3rd time at the range and that's your target at 10yards? That's damned impressive. I know people who have been carrying a firearm for 20+ years who don't keep a group that tight at 10 yards.

12. glocknloaded

Thanks that makes me feel better, I have been to the range before but I was 10 and once with a buddy but that's it. I wanted to keep my groupings up and to the tight more but as I shot more I was getting there.

It takes me a while to acquire the target but if I take my time I do good. I have no idea how those guys soot so quick and fast at completions but I want to find out some day :)

13. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

If you want to check your anticipation, try this. Empty and clear the gun. Rack it back so the trigger is ready. Put a piece of spent brass on the end of the barrel, balance it. And pull the trigger. If the brass falls, you are anticipating something. Rinse and repeat till brass stops falling.

14. glocknloaded

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow or Sunday :)

15. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio

Very good advice, this will be great for anticipation and trigger control, dry firing is GREAT practice, and Glocks, you can dry fire all you want ;)

16. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya, thats the great thing, is for days I can't get out and shoot, I can do dry fire runs, presenting practice etc. Muscle memory = win :D

17. series11

That isn't a bad grouping from that distance. Good Job for it being your first handgun!!!!

18. glocknloaded

Thanks!! Officially addicted. Starting a AR build, I've got the bug

19. series11

It is addictive isn't it. I need another full time job to get everything I want:D

20. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Tell be about it, haha
    I've only had my first pistol around 2 months. And I just want more range time. And maybe purchase another glock in the future.

Trying to limit myself or stop myself getting extra accessories .. Gonna get more expensive than the gun itself! I've only got a laser for my glock. But then I think that's 500 rounds I could have got with that!