Range Incidents

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Glocked, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I was firing in a GSSF competition a few weeks ago with my G30 .45 caliber. As you guys know, you have 15 seconds to fire 10 rounds at different intervals for a total of 50 rounds.

I was doing really well. I was on track to score 500. When my target was at the furtherest interval I pulled one of the shots a bit to the left. I slowed down to correct my fire. Then remembered the time limit.

Hands sweating and heart pumping I caught an ejected .45 caliber casing between my right shoulder and the bottom of my right jaw. Needless to say, it was hot. I didn't have time to sweep it off so I let it cook.

When I got home my wife noticed the new, perfectly round, .45 caliber size circle burned into my skin. For a few days I had a lot of questions about how I acquired a circular burn.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Tell her the hooker likes to use cigars? :D

4. Glocked

Glocked New Member

That's pretty funny. I told her it was ring worm.

5. SHOOTER13

That's even funnier !!

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Haha ya, ring worm wins.

7. cvitter

cvitter New Member

About two weeks ago I had a 22 LR shell from my Baikal MP161K rifle rebound off of something and wedge itself under the bottom edge of my shooting glasses. That left a nice little 22 LR casing mark burnt into my flesh. Thankfully there is not enough room under the glasses for a 9mm casing...

8. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Good to know I'm not alone.

9. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Trust me, you're not alone. Anyone whose thrown a few thousand rounds down range has worn the brand.

Call it...the 2nd Amendment Badge of Honor.:p

10. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Hahahah that's some funny shtuff!!! Ringworm!! Lmao

11. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

The way I shoot, modified Weaver with my 23 pretty close to my face, I've caught several round dead center of my forehead. Head's too hard for the rounds to stick and cook, they just bounce off. :) Some come in butt first, leaving that perfectly round mark and primer impression. Some come in nose first leaving a nice half moon cut. Such is life on the range.

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

+1
    I call it the "BRAzillian" line dance. ;-)

13. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Worse is when spent brass goes inside your eye protection and gets dislodged on your cheeks.

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Ouch. That's scary.

15. SHOOTER13

Now...THAT's Funny !! ^^^^

GAGal wins...!!

16. Glocked

Glocked New Member

My son has had several 9mm and 1 or 2 .40cal casings go down his shirt. I always tell him before we start firing that if a round goes in your shirt, NO Matter What-- keep the barrel pointed down range! I remind him every time that the burning brass hurts much less than what comes out of that muzzle. So far he's been in really good control even when he's getting a blister inside his shirt.

17. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I've had that happen a couple times. Not fun. I wear a hat now.

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Very funny video...especially at 0:53

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q116cKnsTQ[/ame]

19. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

20. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Good one!
    (But what she did was really unsafe. )
    Luckily I had more control than that. :)