Range Gear

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by jtk07, May 3, 2012.

1. jtk07

jtk07 New Member

Im looking to get a post started about range gear and set ups - links to products and reviews would be great - what works what doesn't (pics are a bonus:D) I am looking for everything from guns to ammo/clips, ect

2. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Well in my range bag is the following
    2x ear protection
    2x eye protection
    Spotting scope
    binoculars
    first aid kit
    leatherman , couple different screwdrivers and allen keys small pliers
    pen pencil sharpie
    Towel
    targets
    Thats about it . I load an ammo can with whatever ammo I need for the day

3. jtk07

jtk07 New Member

Sounds like a nice setup TampaBaySean - what bag do u use?

4. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

My range bag has the following:
    Ammo
    eye protection
    ear protection
    towels
    targets
    knife
    misc. tools (screwdriver, allen wrenches, punches etc.)
    binoculars
    pencil or pen
    highlighter
    masking tape
    2 to 4 Glocks
    oh yea, and more Ammo

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

clips?

These are good ones :p
    [​IMG]

6. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Basically mine is the same set up with extra cleaning supplies due to taking it as my hunting/portable gun repair bag too... I am an EMT and have changed my medical supply setup multiple time and as a result I have EMS bags left over not being used, therefore I use them as range bags :)

My latest range bag is a Ferno EMS ALS bag with module pouches... I use the pouches as portable kits to just grab and go sometimes and all the elastic loops work great holding all of the items securely :)

7. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

These clips?

Attached Files:

8. TheKraken

Here are some pics of my range bag. MidwyUSA large range bag

Attached Files:

9. nyycanseco33

Heard nothing but great things about the midway range bag and as you can see it has the module system like I use with the ems bag, very simple and effective, I recommend the midway range bag to any new or veteran sport shooter out there :)

10. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

I'm half tempted to get that Midway bag but I'm sure my Glock range bag will get jealous.

11. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

My buddy has the midway bag. It's pretty nice. I have a bag I bought off eBay for 18.00 and love it. Got a **** ton of mag pouches that fit stock boxes of ammo too. Worth 18.00 to me. Nothing strong though. The midway bag is thicker than mine.

12. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

I use a UTG Tactical Shooter's Bag. My set up is still a work in progress. Suggestions welcome.

Hearing Protection
    Extra glock 19 mag with speed loader
    Staple gun and staples
    Gun rug
    Masking tape
    Sharpie
    Leatherman
    Towel
    Cable lock
    Cleaning supplies (currently keeping everything together)
    Range ID

Only thing I need to drop in is ammo when I leave for the range

image-3121351180.jpg

13. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Attached Files:

14. My setup sounds quite similar to what's been mentioned, with one exception:

It may sound wierd but we take some roofing nails along.
    The range where we shoot uses 2" thick foam board for the target backstop. Most people use a staple gun to attach the targets, and that works pretty good.
    But if it's windy at all, the staples don't always seem to hold. So we took some roofing nails one time and they worked great. They push into the foam very easily with a finger, the big nail head holds the target nicely, they pull out of the target / foam easily for target changes, and they are reusable so cost nothing compared to staples.

Just a thought.

Edited to add: I second the motion on the Midway range bag! Very roomy, very well constructed, etc.

15. nyycanseco33

That's a great idea with the roofing nails, I take a hammer type staple gun, masking tape, thumb tacks, and those black office paper clips in case I need to use something different... I don't take a lot so my bag is overloaded, just enough to get by or to share with a neighbor shooting next to me

16. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

My girl bought me a dust pan with a tiny broom to pick up my spent brass.

17. TheKraken

That's awesome!

18. jtk07

jtk07 New Member

Great replies y'all thanks for being apart of this thread!

19. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Tell her if she loved you she would buy you this . Last time I was at the range we saw an old man next to us using it . It was an outdoor range and worked really good !!! At an indoor range this would clean up (literally)
    http://www.cleanairgardening.com/pecantool.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  20. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member