Range day

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by chipinsc, Jun 17, 2012.

1. chipinsc

chipinsc New Member

We bought a membership at a local range yesterday morning & then went back later to take advantage of the deal.
    Looking for advise here ...My Bride was having some problems with her shot placement. everything was right of center. I am sure it has to do with mechanics but I am not sure what the correction is . she says her sight picture is on center. any thoughts/suggestions? thanks in advance

2. kxyx86

kxyx86 New Member

That is odd that she would be right of center. Is she a left-handed shooter? It could be grip pressure. Tell her to try and squeeze the grip with just the two middle fingers of the grip hand.

3. shawn0989

shawn0989 New Member

Try this chart. It rally helped me figure out what I was doing wrong

Attached Files:

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

The above correction target is a great help to new shooters...

5. brettc

brettc New Member

It's helped me at the range with my 26, big help compared to guessing

6. chipinsc

chipinsc New Member

Thanks Shawn that is what I needed, I figured it was mechanics issue but I just didn't know the cause/correction !!! I will get her back out there this week and see what we can do to fix it

7. shawn0989

shawn0989 New Member

No problem bud. Yeah when I started shooting hand guns I couldn't believe how the slightest changes can effect your shot so drastically

8. IRGrunt

IRGrunt New Member

Well, I was gonna say it sounds like she is resting her trigger finger too far over the trigger itself causing her to pull the shot to the right. The chart posted earlier would seem to agree with that theory. To correct, she needs to try and find a comfortable position for her finger finger to rest on the trigger, and allow a smooth trigger pull straight back. Also, watch her when she fires, and see if she closes her eyes or flinches when the round goes off. Could be a sign that she is anticipating the shot.