Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to do some shooting today, more to come on Friday when the wife and I go. Anyways on to the report, I shot at 7 yards then at about 12 yards putting 50 rounds in the target. The inside two circles are from shooting at 7 yards then the rest at 12. It looks like I'm shooting a little to the left, but practice makes perfect. Any tips or criticism welcome. Thanks!

Automotive tire Grass Automotive wheel system Gas Symbol

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Crazymxrider53 said:
Decided to do some shooting today, more to come on Friday when the wife and I go. Anyways on to the report, I shot at 7 yards then at about 12 yards putting 50 rounds in the target. The inside two circles are from shooting at 7 yards then the rest at 12. It looks like I'm shooting a little to the left, but practice makes perfect. Any tips or criticism welcome. Thanks!
Looks great not to much to much to add but keep practicing and watch the grouping tighten up..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glocknloaded said:
Looks great not to much to much to add but keep practicing and watch the grouping tighten up..
Thanks, yeah I kind of figured with more time and experience it will get a little better. I think I'm twitching or moving the sights when I blink after pulling the trigger. That common?

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Crazymxrider53 said:
Thanks, yeah I kind of figured with more time and experience it will get a little better. I think I'm twitching or moving the sights when I blink after pulling the trigger. That common?
Very common probably one of the most common mistakes your anticipating the recoil. I still do it and it's something I still work on. Get some snap caps and practice dry firing with those, once you've got that down have some one go with you to the range and load your magazine for you with some of the snap caps mixed in and you will pull the trigger not mowing if you have a live round in the chamber or not. You will see right away how much you are really flinching when you pull the trigger and there's a snap cap chambered.

Keeping doing those drills and it will help you with the flinching Alot!!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Try printing this chart out and using it, it really.. Helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glocknloaded said:
Very common probably one of the most common mistakes your anticipating the recoil. I still do it and it's something I still work on. Get some snap caps and practice dry firing with those, once you've got that down have some one go with you to the range and load your magazine for you with some of the snap caps mixed in and you will pull the trigger not mowing if you have a live round in the chamber or not. You will see right away how much you are really flinching when you pull the trigger and there's a snap cap chambered.

Keeping doing those drills and it will help you with the flinching Alot!!
Good idea, never really thought about the snap caps. Thanks for that, btw that chart is pretty cool..never seen that before.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Crazymxrider53 said:
Good idea, never really thought about the snap caps. Thanks for that, btw that chart is pretty cool..never seen that before.
I works great it helped me a lot! Glad I could help.

And if you still are not hitting what your aiming for for try this one LOL

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.