Range bags

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by G17_Ian, Mar 17, 2012.

1. G17_Ian

G17_Ian New Member

So I'm a new G17 owner and this is my first handgun, just looking for some opinions on what all I should include in my range bag other than the obvious.... Gun, ample amounts of ammo, extra mags, eye and ear protection. Any other suggestions?

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

A cleaning rod to use for checking bore obstructions.
    A small container of oil, for just-in-case, and a rag.
    A pocketknife with narrow point, for things like prying out stuck cases.
    Plastic bags for collecting brass (if you are into reloading).
    A small notebook and pen, to make notes of things while shooting (I reload, so I always make notes on experimental loads).

Just some of the things I carry around.

Cheers!

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Oh man since this is up here, if anyone is looking for one, check out midwayusa.com for their competition bag. I bought the Glock bag, then saw the one Webroach ordered, returned the Glock bag and got the Midway one. Its a bit big but its got so much organization in it and its on sale till the end of the month.

Batteries if you use electronic ears. I carry a bore snake, CLP and take down tool with as well what Happy listed above. Well that and my Glock Knife :D

4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Man these bags look awesome. I am thinking about ordering one myself.
    Which one did you get? The $29.99 bag or the $44.99 bag?

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Moved thread to correct sub forum...Holsters and Cases

6. If you are anywhere that can get chilly, you may want to throw in a pair of thin leather gloves. We shot a couple weeks ago here in Wisconsin. Even at 40-50 degrees, the gun gets pretty cold to hold on to. I bought batting gloves as used in baseball. Thin, leather, easy on-and-off.
    Depending upon how targets are hung on your range, you may need a staple gun.
    Bottle of water
    More ammo. I know you said "ample ammo", but once you get shooting, "ample" won't be enough!!!

7. G17_Ian

G17_Ian New Member

You guys are slot of help... Starting to feel like I may need a bigger bag than I anticipated!

8. G17_Ian

G17_Ian New Member

*a lot not slots

9. TheKraken

Just ordered my new range bag from midway USA. I can't wait o get it

10. Webphisher

I got the $44 version. Its great.

11. TheKraken

That's the one I just ordered. It will be nice to have an actual range bag with all the organization features.
    I also ordered a pachmyer slip on grip for my G22 and some decal grips for my G36.

12. I have an Uncle Mikes range similar to Midways regular size bag at the time they had been out for a month and I couldn't wait for them to get one in.
    I also now have a Midway Tactical pistol gun case that I use more often. The range Bag got real heavy because I had a problem with taking all my guns and ammo for them, 3 sometimes 4 different calibers of pistol ammo.

With the pistol case I'm a little more selective on what I take. Both carry guns (on me of course) and my G17 to practice more with for the GSSF competions to come.

13. CCSir

CCSir Well-Known Member Supporter

Ohio
    I keep a small first aid kit in my bag. Never know when you will get a "pinched" finger or a blister.

14. I know its repeated information but I bring:

two sets of ears and eyes, Gloves, lube, punch (glock tool), screw driver, Ammo, guns, extra mags, rag, cleaning rod, bore snake, and some guaze.

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

It is a good idea to carry a fairly complete first aid kit in your car. I carry a large first aid kit in all my cars, and always include sterile gloves. If you are the first on the scene of an accident (which has happened to me several times), you want to protect yourself from blood contamination. And bags in which to dispose of bloody articles (EMS, when they arrive on the scene, can take care of disposal of these items for you).

16. I completely agree with you Happy!

On a side note... Would anyone with the bigger compeition bag be able to upload some more pictures... The website only has one picture! ;(

17. Webphisher

I used to have a ton of first aid training years ago. Was something close to all the book work of the EMTs with some classroom practical. I should re-up sometime.

18. TheKraken

Woo Hoo!!
    My new range bag frame Midway USA just arrived. Can't wait to get all of my toys in it and head to the range.
    I received it in two days from ordering it. Great company.

Attached Files:

19. Thanks for the pictures. Does it have a designated pistol holder, if so how many?

20. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Yeah definately should of went with this one instead of the glock one. More compartments and looks a lot bigger