range bag suprises.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by g21redman, Mar 18, 2012.

1. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

every time I open up my bag to go shooting again I always find some cigarettes or loose money haha. what's the best thing you have found?

2. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

My brother once dropped a 250-round box of UMC in my bag that I didn't find for a day or two.

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Usually I find spent brass in mine.

4. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Spent brass in mine, too -- which actually went inside my backpack. Went through airport security (this happened last year in Atlanta Hartsfield) and got detained and questioned for an hour. The screener called his supervisor who called his supervisor who called the head supervisor. Three supervisors. I guess they've never encountered anyone with a spent brass in their belongings before. I had to explain I went shooting the day before and luckily had my range membership card. They had to verify and call the range. They asked a million questions to determine my identity and why I was leaving the country (I was headed to visit family in Canada.) What an inconvenience if anything else. But I'm glad they were vigilant about these things to ensure everyone's safety.

Oh and the worse part-- as soon as the head supervisor approached me, the airport police stationed on a podium platform in the middle of the floor issued an "EVERYBODY FREEZE, DON'T MOVE" command to the entire airport security check-in area. We were all instructed to freeze over a loud speaker. You could hear a pin drop. It was so scary. To this day, I still don't know if that command was directed because of me.

5. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

WOW, my dad took a spent casing for a .223 through the Sheriff's office security once, he apologized and said they could toss it. They just shrugged and went, "Its a shell, we dont care" lol.

But man you have a hell of a story now because of that :D