Rail-less light options

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by voodoo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Okay. So I've searched and couldn't find a thread that went over this.

Is there a way to put a tach light/laser on a railless g27? Maybe a rail attachment for the trigger guard.

Thanks in advance. If I missed the thread I'm sorry. Searching on a forum can be, well... Tricky.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yes, I have seen some trigger guard mounted lights and lasers online. Lemme see if I can find 'em again...

3. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

4. Everything that I can find seems a little long... like G17 long... I dont want it to stick way out past the barrel. Ideally... I would like a rail that stays on even if I take the light off when Im carrying my G27 and still fits in my holsters.

I know I know... asking for a lot, but I cant be the only person that wants this.

thank you sir.

5. ps... its a gen 3... not that I think that makes any diifference for my question.

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

7. I wonder if I could dremel modify that one to work for what I want. Not to find a light thats short enough.

8. This is the first time Im missing my G17.

9. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

You should get a G19 or G23, shorter than your past G17 but longer than your G27. Everyday is a good day to purchase a new toy. Ready Set Go.

10. Nah... my next piece will be a Ruger .38/357 revolver.

Dont ban me. lol. Im at an age now where I think revolvers are pretty damn cool.

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Indeed, revolvers do fill a niche, especially after a good 'smith has had his way with the fire control group ;)

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

13. There HAS to be a market for this thing right? Million dollar idea in the making.

14. mwdenko

mwdenko New Member

Ohio
    Just put a patent on the idea... Thanks!

:D

15. I dont care who makes the million... just send me one would ya. lol

16. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

17. mwdenko

mwdenko New Member

Ohio
    hah Who are you?

jk. Have a good one! ---> as I sail off to the Bahama's :cool:

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, Voodoo, Bhale's link looks like exactly what you are looking for!

Note it is a permanent alteration to the gun (need to drill holes for mounting bolts), but it does not cover up the serial number and according to the website it is secure even after many rounds fired.

AND, if it is too long, you can grind down the front edge up to the next index bar on the rail!