Glock Firearms banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Maybe for many people, but not so for an elderly female. I bought a Glock 17 for my wife and she has yet been able to rack it. I'm going to put it on the market and buy something else. It has never been fires.
Dug up an 8 year old thread for this?
Fair enough, since she is having trouble. After a life changing wreck, I had to re evaluate things for a long time. I didn't know how permanent the changes would be, and still have doubts. I figure I got a little bit back, but have learned to adapt for the larger part. Every now and then that one comes up to bite me. LOL
There may be an easier pistol to cycle, BUT, in the end of it all, the thing has to have minimal spec for functioning.
Good Luck, and welcome to the asylum.
Women Pistol Operation

Reactions: Danzig and SJ 40

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,332 Posts
Maybe for many people, but not so for an elderly female. I bought a Glock 17 for my wife and she has yet been able to rack it. I'm going to put it on the market and buy something else. It has never been fires.
Welcome Crochet!
I used to be in gun sales. Top choices for people with strength issues;
S&W EZ 380, they make a 9mm version EZ as well but it’s stiffer than the 380.
Sig 238, only problem is it’s very small and you need to remember to thumb off the safety if you’re going to fire it.
Walther PK380, the newer model. The original was a nightmare to field strip and get back together.
Small .38 revolvers are a mixed bag, some women have a problem manipulating the cylinder release and pulling the heavy DA trigger.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Welcome Crochet!
I used to be in gun sales. Top choices for people with strength issues;
S&W EZ 380, they make a 9mm version EZ as well but it’s stiffer than the 380.
Sig 238, only problem is it’s very small and you need to remember to thumb off the safety if you’re going to fire it.
Walther PK380, the newer model. The original was a nightmare to field strip and get back together.
Small .38 revolvers are a mixed bag, some women have a problem manipulating the cylinder release and pulling the heavy DA trigger.
Want to add, stay away from little cutesy, small framed pistols. They fit in small places but should be reserved for accomplished shooters. They get rowdy to hang on to.
The S&W EZ mentioned is a decent size pistol, the Walther, IIRC is kinda small, but could have a good grip. I can't remember.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,332 Posts
Want to add, stay away from little cutesy, small framed pistols. They fit in small places but should be reserved for accomplished shooters. They get rowdy to hang on to.
The S&W EZ mentioned is a decent size pistol, the Walther, IIRC is kinda small, but could have a good grip. I can't remember.
Number one gun traded in by women at my store was Ruger LCP. Lightweight, tiny seems appealing until you pull the trigger. The slide racking and trigger aren’t all that great either.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts