Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had the opportunity to run a few rounds through a friend's G27 I could not pass up purchasing a very lightly used G27 today. The feed ramp looked brand new and very little wear anywhere on the gun or magazines.

One of the first things I do with a new gun is familiarize myself with the takedown procedure. I did that a few times.

On the third or fourth run-through, when I got the slide back over the frame and racked it back, the actual recoil spring was poking out of the front of the slide by about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. I pulled the trigger and took the slide off again to see if something looked damaged. Nada. Everything looked OK. I did notice that the tab at the back of the recoil spring assembly does have a little bend to it due to the plastic rod I guess.

Put it back together with extra care to ensure that the rod was perfectly straight and the error has not repeated.

Should I consider this user error or something that maybe is out of tolerance?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
No it's fine. If it really bothers you and your paranoid call Glock and see if they'll sen u a free one or else pay for it. It's only a few bucks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's fine. If it really bothers you and your paranoid call Glock and see if they'll sen u a free one or else pay for it. It's only a few bucks
Wow... that sure was quick. Thanks. I guess I must have just missed the mark on getting it lined up just right and the first turn of the large spring somehow made it through.

I have racked it back a bunch since the last assembly and it seems that if you get it back right there would be little chance of it happening while firing.

From your response this must not be terribly unusual?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
hammondkeys said:
Wow... that sure was quick. Thanks. I guess I must have just missed the mark on getting it lined up just right and the first turn of the large spring somehow made it through.

I have racked it back a bunch since the last assembly and it seems that if you get it back right there would be little chance of it happening while firing.

From your response this must not be terribly unusual?
Nope, not unusual, rather redundant actually but we love to help!!! Lots of questions get asked and reasked... That is why glock forum is so great, we will continue to answer questions regardless of how often they are asked...

I took mine in to glockmiester several times for help before I found that I can get better help here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, not unusual, rather redundant actually but we love to help!!! Lots of questions get asked and reasked... That is why glock forum is so great, we will continue to answer questions regardless of how often they are asked...

I took mine in to glockmiester several times for help before I found that I can get better help here...
I will search the forum next time... but thanks to everyone who pitched in so quickly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you look at your recoil spring assembly on your 27, you will notice that it is bowed (not perfectly straight). If you place the bow of the spring facing downward toward the frame, you may experience problems with the field stripping. If you place the spring in any other way that is to say bow up or sideways you'll be fine. Before I figured this out I would occasionally have a hard time with field stripping. So much so that I gouged the inside of the frame of my 26. I noticed when cleaning my guns with a friend who also owns a 26, that his frame was gouged in much the same way. He didn't notice the gouges until I mentioned them.

When the bow is toward the frame the rear contact point of the RSA is tilted back toward the slide lock bar so when you pull down on the slide lock you inadvertently pull the RSA from the barrel. I have muscled the slide off in this situation and caused the frame gouging. The better way is to push down on the front of the exposed RSA and re seat the rear portion onto the barrel.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hammondkeys! Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts