Questions on triggers

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by ash1012, May 10, 2012.

1. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I I just my glock 35 back from a gun smith and he did a awesome job. I had a performance package done to it but here is my question. He replaced the connector with a race connector from glockworx. I was wondering if the stock connector in a gen 4 G35 would fit into a gen 3 G23. I want to do this because the stock connector on the G35 is a 3.5 connector. Or maybe I'm way off on this and should leave it alone. Either way anyone got some knowledge to share.

Also anyone know of a gen 4 mag well?

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Yes it will fit. Connectors are not generation specific for fit.

3. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Awesome. And it is the 3.5 that comes with the 35?

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'm not sure what comes with a 35, but it will fit.

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Glock claims a 4.5lb pull for the 34 and 35. They both have the "-" connector which would be similar to a 3.5lb connector but I think it's still not as light as a Ghost or Lone Wolf.

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Well I went ahead and put it in since you guys let me know it will fit and it dose feel lighter. The only reason I went for it was because I had it lol.

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

In the following picture, you see two red arrows pointing to the - marking on the minus connector, aka the "3.5" connector.

Following weights are approximate with standard coil trigger spring:
    The "minus/3.5" connector has a - marking, in a Gen3 the pull weight is about 4.5lbs. In a Gen4 it's usually just under 5lbs.
    The "dot" connector has a . marking, in a Gen3 it's about 5lbs, in a Gen4 it's about 5.5lbs.
    The standard connector has no marking, in a Gen3 it's about 5.5lbs, in a Gen4 it's just under 6lbs.
    The + connector has that marking, in a Gen3 it's about 8lbs, I have no idea what it would be in a Gen4.

[​IMG]

8. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Correct, connectors are not generation specific. Stock connectors are about 5lbs, "-" are called 3.5lbs but are really about 4lbs.

I believe blue label Glocks (Law Enforcement purchases) have about a 5.5lb trigger as stock.

I've found Lone Wolf and Zev Tech connectors to work great. Ghost connector is good, however if you get one with over-travel tab you will need to file the tab down a bit to get the right over-travel stop (don't be nervous, it's designed for this).

Swapping connectors does help. BTW a lot of old time shooters used to thin the stock connector themselves with a dremel. I've done this and it works fine, but for the effort better off just buying one. :)

Z-

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

From what I've heard G34/35 blue label are 5.5 and have no adjustable rear sight.

10. The g35 and 35 have adjustable sights. I just got a gen3 g34 with a 2-23-2012 test fire date and it came with 4.5 connecter and adj sights.

11. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Correct, and they have an extra magazine. If you're LE and buy one make sure there are 3 mags. I had a local dealer who was keeping the 3rd mag and selling them separate and letting Blue Label's out the door with just 2 mags. A call to Glock remedied it...

12. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Thank you all for the information. The connector seems to be working fine. It is a small deference but I can tell it is there. I'm going to the range soon and will give a update

13. 1911aone

1911aone New Member

Another thing u can do to make ur trigger pull somewhat smoother is to polish the contact points on the connector and where the trigger bar contacts the striker plunger in the slide. I use a dremel tool, felt polishing wheel, and flitz metal polish Then I put a small drop of oil on those surfaces. I've noticed a smoother pull

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum 1911aone! When you get a chance, post a little about yourself in the Introduction subforum so our members can say hello. They are a very friendly bunch. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

15. Captain

Captain New Member

IL
    I bought a Gen4 G34 "blue label" a couple of months ago and it came with adjustable rears and a Glock minus (-) connector.