Questions concerning G-25 & G-28:

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Matthew780, Apr 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

1. Why are the .380 cal. Glocks (G-25 & G-28) available to Law Enforcement personnel only?
    2. Is there any legal way for non-LEO's to obtain one of the above mentioned?
    Thanks in advance, guys...

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Hey Matthew, here is an earlier discussion that might address your questions. I think this was back before you were a member here!
    https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f8/how-can-i-get-glock-380-a-1038/
    Long story short, it doesn't look good.

(one a side note..I am unsure as to the legality, but the 25 shares the frame of the 9mm, so in 'theory' if you can find a slide and barrell....nevermind, that's illegal too).

3. fls348

fls348 New Member

I think these things are like unicorns........

I've been in LE for 15+ yrs. milled around a ton of gun shops, peoples collections, shooting comps, etc. and have yet to actually see much less hear of anyone who's ever actually seen one in person.

I'm telling you I think if you find one there's a good chance the pot of gold is underneath it.

4. Matthew780

Thanks for the link... AND the info, Keenan... ;)
    Fascinating. I would think it would be a fairly hot seller, among females especially. Thanks for sharing your experience in this FLS... Heck of a mystery for sure... :cool:

5. Matthew780

After reading the thread (referenced above), I've found they can't be imported except for certain LE applications... which means we'll NEVER see them, let alone own them.

Thanks again for the info, guys. Question answered. (thumbup)

6. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

You can get one legally if you serve in the military, buy it overseas where you're deployed/living, then declare it when you come home.

7. Matthew780

Good to know... if it's legal to have them stateside.

But that would still make them as rare as hen's teeth.

8. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

My understanding from what I have read is that they are illegal to own or be in possession of in the U.S

9. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Here's what I learned from Glock in January. They are only available here in the US by purchase order from a Sheriff or CLEO. It must then remain property of the purchasing agency. However, the Sheriff or CLEO may allow individual officers the ability to buy it for personal use from the agency. The main reason they are not available stateside is their import score is too low. They don't score enough points to be allowed through customs for importation.

10. Matthew780

Roger that. Thanks for that information, Pal!