Question

Discussion in 'GSSF / IDPA / Competition' started by dosmiguel, Jul 1, 2012.

1. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

Ok I'm wanting to start getting into some kind of pistol shooting competition. What different kinds are there? Also if anyone knows of any place in West Texas that puts on the competitions, any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Check out IDPA, IPSC and GSSF. Each one is different in style and rules. IDPA is arguably the cheapest and easiest in which to get started -- no special guns or mods needed in order to be competitive, and you only need to buy/borrow a holster and mag pouches).

The main websites for each can link you to your local club chapter. Between all three, there must be at least a competition every weekend somewhere. (I just did IDPA today!)

3. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

Thank You so much! I'm just so bored all the time and this is the one thing I am really interested in.

4. malladus

malladus New Member

Where abouts in West Texas? There are some good USPA and action pistol clubs out that way. Rumor and ICORE website even says there is an ICORE club near Amarillo. Any club that does ICORE will have tons of other competition.

I got a link someplace to a listing of Texas ranges/clubs and the matches they run. If I can find it I will post it.

malladus

5. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

Awesome! I'm in Fort Stockton. I could go to midland, but I just can't spare the money to get a membership over there.

6. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

Thanks for the info! You can't beat those membership prices.

7. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member