Question on the MIC holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Emoor, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Emoor

Emoor New Member

I had never heard of the MIC holster before until I came to this site. I watched the You Tube video and think it is a pretty cool set up. My question, though, is can a guy with a a bit of a belly carry one of theses comfortably? Everyone that I have ever seen appendix carry has a nice, flat stomach. So does anyone out there, who, like me has a belly on them, carry with the MIC in the appendix position?

Thanks in advance.

2. pbill1014

pbill1014 New Member

Check out a guy on YouTube called Yankee Marshall he has a bit of a belly I think the video is called Mexican carry

3. tylersdad

tylersdad New Member

I have a nice flat belly...perhaps TOO flat! I can't appendix carry. The gun sticks out like a sore thumb.

4. encee

encee Well-Known Member

MIC isn't just for appendix carry. Try it at about 3:30 - with a 26 I can wear shorts and t-shirt at that position very comfortably and well concealed. I'm 6'0 and 210.

5. Emoor

Emoor New Member

Thanks for the advice.

6. I just ordered mine, I have a 26 and plan to carry in my front pocket more than inside the waistband

7. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

The mic works fine for that. I also have a pocket holster that I use on occasion for my 26 and 27 and is another alternative holster depending on the pants. I hope you enjoy your new mic. Where did you order it from?

8. Straight from Glock Tech

9. Rikr

Rikr Member

Mitch at GlockTech is a great guy to deal with.

10. tylersdad

tylersdad New Member

I wouldn't mind one of these, but I think I'd prefer the Vanguard 2. It has the option of using a belt loop instead of the lanyard.

11. Glockinator19

Glockinator19 Certified Glock Armorer

I am going to order 2 of them right now.. I am curious about them. Seems perfect for me being very tall and skinny, I have to have the least amount of bulk possible for concealed carry.

12. Mandangalo

Mandangalo Member

Is there still a 3-4 week lead time on shipping theses from glock tech?

13. Glockinator19

I was told around a week and a half?

14. Mandangalo

Mandangalo Member

I am just going by what their website says

15. Glockinator19

Oh.. It says 8-10 days wait before shipping when i just ordered 2 mic holsters..

16. encee

encee Well-Known Member

Mine came in about 10 days when the website said 4 weeks. Worth the wait either way.

17. Mandangalo

Mandangalo Member

18. Glockinator19

I just ordered my 2 straight from glocktech.. Plus they're cheaper there.. I paid $38 including the shipping for 2 mic holsters. Amazon is charging almost $4 more, plus you don't save money if you order more than 1.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  19. Mandangalo

Mandangalo Member

Good points. I'll prob go the same way u did