Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second G19. The first one did not have a plug behind the mag. This one does. I never heard of them coming with a plug from the factory. I am wondering if my LGS just kind of threw it in. Both were test-fired within a month or so, base on the DNA sample. Would NY (10 round cap) vs FL have anything to do with it?

Thanks all...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kodiak said:
Grip plug? No they don't come with them. Is this a used pistol?
Better not be... No, I know it is not. I was with them when it was ordered from the distributor. No indication of any use. Lots of brown grease. I wonder if they were playing with accessories...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anything tell-tale that I should look for?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need more... It is a question, but I'm not yet convinced.

·
أنا لست ارهابيا
75 Posts
just ask them if they put that in or was the gun used ?? hows the feed ramp look ?? used ? also look at the frame rails for any wear marks... and look for any powder residue.. esp in the and around the magazine area..

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zero wear on feed ramp or elsewhere. Zero residue. Even put a patch through the barrel. Completely clean. Looks totally clean... Mag well completely clean... I will ask them about the plug. Frame rails still have brown grease.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wrpNYFL said:
Zero wear on feed ramp or elsewhere. Zero residue. Even put a patch through the barrel. Completely clean. Looks totally clean... Mag well completely clean... I will ask them about the plug. Frame rails still have brown grease.
Did you get all the paperwork with it, warranty card, case...etc?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Could be something simple like they were showing someone how to install them and they used your gun and forgot about it.

·
Banned
767 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Could be something simple like they were showing someone how to install them and they used your gun and forgot about it.
Or the guy behind the counter has your new gun and you have his old gun, something simple like that LOL

I'm kidding...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you get all the paperwork with it, warranty card, case...etc?
Got all papers. Warranty, case... everything. I like the theory that he was showing someone.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the serial number before the gun shipped. Needed it for the permit application. Distributor gave it to us six months ago. Serial is listed on the permit. All match.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think thats strange, I never had a clean barrel after buying a new pistol, they test fire it at the factory but do not clean it.
I will ask them about it. Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I think thats strange, I never had a clean barrel after buying a new pistol, they test fire it at the factory but do not clean it.
Only bought 1 new Glock all the others have been Used but the 21 I bought new was clean. I ran a Patch down it when I got it and it came out fairly white with a little residue so it appeared to me that they had cleaned it before shipping. That was in 91 when the 21's first came out!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts