Question G19 Plug

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by wrpNYFL, May 21, 2012.

1. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

This is my second G19. The first one did not have a plug behind the mag. This one does. I never heard of them coming with a plug from the factory. I am wondering if my LGS just kind of threw it in. Both were test-fired within a month or so, base on the DNA sample. Would NY (10 round cap) vs FL have anything to do with it?

Thanks all...

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Grip plug? No they don't come with them. Is this a used pistol?

3. wrpNYFL

Better not be... No, I know it is not. I was with them when it was ordered from the distributor. No indication of any use. Lots of brown grease. I wonder if they were playing with accessories...

4. gunfreak101

gunfreak101 New Member

Sounds like you got a used one. Double check that puppy.

5. wrpNYFL

Is there anything tell-tale that I should look for?

6. bubba2001

bubba2001 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes......... already equipped wit a grip plug:D

7. wrpNYFL

I need more... It is a question, but I'm not yet convinced.

8. lyodbraun

lyodbraun أنا لست ارهابيا

just ask them if they put that in or was the gun used ?? hows the feed ramp look ?? used ? also look at the frame rails for any wear marks... and look for any powder residue.. esp in the and around the magazine area..

9. wrpNYFL

Zero wear on feed ramp or elsewhere. Zero residue. Even put a patch through the barrel. Completely clean. Looks totally clean... Mag well completely clean... I will ask them about the plug. Frame rails still have brown grease.

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I don't know if I would sweat it. Take a pic of the plug and post it anyway, i'm curious

11. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Did you get all the paperwork with it, warranty card, case...etc?

12. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Could be something simple like they were showing someone how to install them and they used your gun and forgot about it.

13. HAHA great answer lol

14. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Or the guy behind the counter has your new gun and you have his old gun, something simple like that LOL

I'm kidding...

15. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Too funny. Make sure the serial #'s match.

16. wrpNYFL

Got all papers. Warranty, case... everything. I like the theory that he was showing someone.

17. wrpNYFL

I got the serial number before the gun shipped. Needed it for the permit application. Distributor gave it to us six months ago. Serial is listed on the permit. All match.

18. Tape

Tape New Member

I think thats strange, I never had a clean barrel after buying a new pistol, they test fire it at the factory but do not clean it.

19. wrpNYFL

I will ask them about it. Thank you all.

20. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Only bought 1 new Glock all the others have been Used but the 21 I bought new was clean. I ran a Patch down it when I got it and it came out fairly white with a little residue so it appeared to me that they had cleaned it before shipping. That was in 91 when the 21's first came out!