Question about G30 mags and G21 +2 Extensions?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by TNFrank, Jun 25, 2012.

1. For some reason it says the +2 extensions for the G20/21 mags can't be used on the G30 mags. Is this a case of the spring not being long enough or what? Would it help if a person installed a plus power mag spring from Wolff in their G30 mags with the extensions or does it just not matter?
    Guess if worse comes to worse I'll just pick up a couple G21 mags and get a couple +2's for them so I'll have 15+1 in my G30 but 12+1 with the stock mags would be nice and cheaper to boot.

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ya i also tired a +2 mag extention on a g30 mag but didnt work. It does work on my 27 round one though.

3. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I believe it is the design of the ten round G30 magazine. You can add the +2 extension to the nine round G30 magazine, that will give you 11+1 in your G30.

4. Unfortunately my gun has two 10 round mags so I guess I'm stuck buying some 13 round G21 mags then adding the +2 to them for Home Defense use.
    Also, I thought the only difference between the 9 and 10 round G30 mags was the floor plate, i.e. the 9 round has the Glock G29 style floor plate.

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

6. Blades

Blades Senior Member

No, the bottom of the magazine is different between the 9 and 10 rounder's.

7. So it's more then just a thicker base plate on the 10 round mag then. I'll probably just get the G21 mags then.

8. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Yep. I'll take a picture when I get home, I'm at vacation bible school and my G30sf is locked up in my vehicle.

I have two 9 rounders, two 10 rounders, and one 15 rounder(13 with a +2 extension). I'd like another 13 rounder, and three more 10 rounders, then I'll be happy.
    The 9 rounder is great for concealed carry, the magazine is flush with the grip; looks just like the G29.

9. It doesn't stick out nearly as far as the 27 round mag tho and that 27 round mag is not a glock factory made mag. To each's own tho. ;)

10. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Here you go, 10 rounder on the left, 9 rounder on the right:
    [​IMG]

And a picture of my big puppy Vance cause I thought he looked cute when he was asleep:
    [​IMG]