Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hickok45 just posted a new video on the G26 Gen4. He noted that, to him, it appeared to shoot high. In the video it did appear to shoot high, also.

I'm thinking of going to a G26 Gen4 in the next few days and would be shooting/qualifying with it as my OD weapon on the 20th. If this is a common problem with the Gen4, I don't know if I'll have the time to go to the range and switch out my rear site if I need to.

So, question to you G26 Gen4 owners. Is this a common thing with the Gen4's?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXJ3W8j80Q&feature=g-user-u[/ame]

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Mine works flawlessly and is dead on. Be careful with your sights. If you're using TRUGLO sights then you have to line up the dots instead of the top of the sights like normal. If you don't line up the dots you will shoot high.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with mine either. It shoots the same as my 19 and 17.

·
Premium Member
45,457 Posts
Hickok45 in the video even said it was great little gun .. Just the rear sites were off a little but it was a viewers gun he might had done something to it.. He was hitting the gong at 80 yards so it's not to bad lol .... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXJ3W8j80Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, but I'm a little anal about re-qualifying. In 24 years on the dept range, I've only been out shot twice, and one of those times was by the dept. sniper.

I get a kick out of the fact that a 62 year old fat cop, that survived stage III colon cancer and is a great grandfather to boot, can shoot the pants off the young snots.

Aug. 20th is my last dept. requal and I want to go out in the proverbial "blaze of glory".

We can only qualify with two guns, and my LCP is definitely one choice. I could run the deck with my G19C, but the one time I qualified with it, the Rangemaster thought it would be cute to place another guy to my right (after I requested the last lane), which can be quite uncomfortable and possibly dangerous at the one-yard line doing the "weapons retention" drill as you have tilt the weapon slightly to the right to keep the muzzle blast from coming up your face and clothing.

Ergo, anyone standing to your right gets the "full monty". Especially on a tight laned range as ours. I switched out to a G36 two years ago because of that.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Good luck K! I know you will do great!

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do find that my 26 GEN4 seems to shoot a little high for me. Now, this is my first and only Glock, so it could certainly be the grip angle for me. I am most used to Sig's and 1911. But it is interesting that Hickok45, who seems to have shot Glock for a very long time, and shoots earlier 26's and a 27, seems to find it "high".

·
Premium Member
45,457 Posts
RFSpectrum said:
I do find that my 26 GEN4 seems to shoot a little high for me. Now, this is my first and only Glock, so it could certainly be the grip angle for me. I am most used to Sig's and 1911. But it is interesting that Hickok45, who seems to have shot Glock for a very long time, and shoots earlier 26's and a 27, seems to find it "high".
But also Hickok45 said it wasnt his glock either it was a viewers gun which they might have done something to it..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.