Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Eye_Peeled I bought 3500 rounds of 9mm and 2000 rounds of 45 once fired from Top Brass and for the most part, have been pleased. There is some damage brass in both calibers but not enough to complain about. You also get a few 380 and 40 to pop up here and there, once again no big deal. The thing I have found to be the biggest pain is the 45's are a mixture of small and large primers. Sorting them, I have found to be quite tedious, but I started reloading without brass, so I had to start somewhere.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The .45 with small primers have been Federal and Blazer. I was told that the companies were using small primers to keep the cost down, not sure but sound about right. So HS1, what is your answer to your primer question? I have tried Federal CCI and will be loading Winchester today

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spent the day loading and cleaning .45 and yes I would say that I had almost as many small primer as I did large. I separate them after cleaning which seems to be a good method. I loaded 500 .45 with Winchester Large Pistol primers, and found them to seat very nicely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.