Glock Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I bought some new brass for .40 and .45GAP, but I haven't even opened the boxes yet. I expected to not have much to worry about with new brass, but clearly I need to rethink that.

I would be ok with buying once fired brass. As far as buying shooting range pick up brass, no way. There's no telling what that brass has been through, how many times it's been loaded, etc. I don't think the time spent in examining all of it would be worth the hassle. I do pick up my own and I try not to pick up anything that's not mine. To that end, I picked up brass catchers for rifle and pistol. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, so I don't know how well they work, though they got good reviews. The pistol one is a little awkward, because it straps on your shooting hand. The rifle one straps on the barrel and is adjusted back over the ejection port.

Neither of them touch any moving parts. The hand one doesn't even touch the gun, except the strap on the hand touching the grip. They just sort of float over the ejection port. We'll see.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.