Proud Father

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by Birddogyz, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Having spent 10 years in the US Navy, I got out in 1994 to help raise my two children with my wife. My Son finished his paper work Friday and is enlisted in the USMC and goes to Boot in April. Thanks for letting me brag a little.

2. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Thank you for your service, Welcome, and good luck to your son.

3. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

Awesome to see he is going to be a Marine. Where is he going to boot camp at? I am also a Marine of 15 years in the infantry. Do you know what he wants to be in the Corps? I have a few friends that are drill instructors at Paris Island.

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

He will go to Paris Island April 16th. He will go into Heavy Artillery in Nevada after Boot.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

Awesome, tell him to start getting into good running shape now. He will be doing alot and I mean alot of running and push ups. The better shape he is now the easier it will be for him. And the most important thing for him to remember is it is a big head game. Just do as they say and all will be good. Arty huh, have a few friends that are arty and they love it "Death from a Far" the arty moto.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

MonteG26, Thank you. I have discussed this with him and he works out 3-4 days a week with his recruiter along with running here at the house. He is already in cut form, but if his mouth gets him in trouble like mine did in boot, I see a lot of push ups in his future, my past sure had a lot in them.

Thank you for your service!

7. If he deploys, let me know. We have a daily prayer link on Surplusrifleforum for deployed military.

8. Donn

Donn Member

Let me jump on that wagon with you, Bird. I was Army 1969-71, (Vietnam 69-70). My son's Army, currently deployed to Afghanistan, (4th tour, three to Iraq previously). He's an Airborne Ranger with nine years service and was recently promoted to Major. Thanks for letting me join you in that bragging thing.

9. >>just a big head game

Thats the biggest part. This is a PC world and it ain't Full Metal Jacket.

"Texas?! By god only steers and queers come from texas, and you don't much look like a steer to me!"

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats on a job well done Dad !!

11. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

Congratulations. To both of you.

12. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Thanks to every one and also special thank you to all who have served, both LEO and Military.

13. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

Congrats! He made a good choice. Semper Fi

14. Congrats to you both and a sincere thanks for the service both past, present and future.

15. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Just to post an update. Our son left today for Paris Island. It made me remember the day I left for Boot Camp and how different things were back then.

16. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I am sure there were a few tears coming from GAgal. Just remind her that this is our country's future, and we are all extremely proud!

17. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

OOHRAH! SEMPER-FI to the Young Recruit! (Doesn't get called Marine until he earns the Eagle Globe and Anchor) ! His Graduation will be a Big thing. The Corps puts on a Good Show at the Graduations. BTW Don't send him any "Treats" while he is there. He will thank you later for it if you refrain from that. Be ready not to recognize him when you see him for the first time. But also remember the Change is Forever! That isn't just a slogan it is for real! Thank you for your service and thank him for his. Thank you for raising a fine young man who is willing to put his life on the line for his Country!

18. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Good luck to your son, and once graduated, he will be a part of a brotherhood that he can be proud of, once a Marine, always a Marine !!

Attached Files: