Protect & Serve

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lrausch, May 17, 2012.

1. lrausch

lrausch New Member

Protecting people is a tough job and most of the time unappreciated and taken for granted. I ask my self at times, Why do we do it? The answer is not easy or shallow. I believe it's a "calling that's in your blood." It becomes part of your DNA. You go about doing your duty regardless of what others think or say. And don't plan on getting rich either. It's alot about "Honor" and being "Samurai." I often said; I know how to protect them form the bad guy's, but can't protect them from themselves.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Amen...Happy National Police Week to all the LEOs out there...

[​IMG]

(Moved to OFF TOPIC subforum...)

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I think you do, protect us from ourselves that is. But it's impossible to quantify of course, because things that don't happen go uncounted.

We really don't want to find out what would happen if all LEO's took a couple of weeks off to go fishing.

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thanks all you LEO's your the best we have to offer!! Keep up the great work!!

5. lrausch

lrausch New Member

Thanks for the kind words and support. Semper Fi. Law Enforcement Memorial Service tonight Honoring All who paid the "Ultimaten Sacrifice" and the Families.

6. jgr1974

jgr1974 New Member

Irausch you nailed it on the head-it is a calling. A rare bread of men and women. I am proud to stand behind a star! Thank you friends, brothers and sisters for your support and obligation!

7. It's definitely a calling in the south, don't get paid $*%^

8. lrausch

lrausch New Member

I have spent my entire law enforcement career in Florida and have found the pay is low compared to northern states.

9. jgr1974

jgr1974 New Member

We are paid good for area, though it is never enough. I don't do it for the money though. Seems like the good Lord whispered in my ear at an early age.

10. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I want to be a Leo. What I always wanted to do. My pap was a sheriff. Guess it ran in the blood. I just gotta get the $3500 saved up and I can go next sept since I spent my money for this year fixing my wife's car lol

11. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I remember one time we had a Massive Riot when I was a New Guy. 6 Inmates were Shot and in the Hospital as were multiple stabbed and bludgeoned and so of course we were on lock down which entails cell feeding. So here we are Feeding 6,800 Inmates and one of the Lifer Inmates asked me if this is what I signed up for and I told him I signed up "To Protect and to Serve" And it was Clear we couldn't protect them from themselves so I was going to do my best to Serve them 3 meals a Day!:D:D:D

12. lrausch

lrausch New Member

3 Meals a Day

I love that. The corrections systems can be a rough and violent place where things can go bad very quickly. Keep up the good work.

13. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Amen! Lol.....only $12/hr is hard to live on

14. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    $12 an hour! Is that a government facility or third party? I hope you get med benefits at least. What state are you out of?

15. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Its a small town PD, nope no benefits right now as I am part time at the moment (I had to get my foot in the door asap and an waiting for the first full time position)....GA

16. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    That sucks. Alot of agencies take advantage of part-timers. Do a good job and you'll be climbing the ladder. Good luck!

17. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Thanks.....I'm told there is a good chance to become full time after the probationary period....so hopefully within the next year I can go up to at least $13:50 and full time hours

18. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Whoa! Here in not Cali the bigger city's make from 70,000-90,000 but then again you would have to live in a anti gun state

19. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I would like to Thank all of the LEO'S on this Forum & around the world for putting their life's on the line every day. I have a lot of respect for Police Officers & I raise my 3 sons to do the same. Again Thank you all for your service :) & God Bless you all..

20. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Yea that's probably bc the cost of living is higher there....no idea though....I wish I made that much...and I would never live in an anti-gun state....I would have to be admitted into an asylum lol