Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed down trigger guard for smaller package for concealed carry. I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Steve is making me show him posts and yelling answerrs at me. Really you guys are way too into this place lol. Anyway he says be real careful taking any more off by the grip, that you will out your hand too close to the mag release and cause issues like accidental release, pinching, or difficult mag drills.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
view of the surface.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve is making me show him posts and yelling answerrs at me. Really you guys are way too into this place lol. Anyway he says be real careful taking any more off by the grip, that you will out your hand too close to the mag release and cause issues like accidental release, pinching, or difficult mag drills.
Don't see how removing a little plastic from the front of the trigger guard would affect the mag release. I've did this mad several months ago and have had no issues.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
gbarber010 said:
Don't see how removing a little plastic from the front of the trigger guard would affect the mag release. I've did this mad several months ago and have had no issues.
By the grip, nuk said

·
Registered
109 Posts
looking good. can't even tell you did it yourself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks good any pointers or how too on this mod ? Been wanting to do it like the way it look , im just scared to mess up and have a scratched up frame!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First, started out with a dremel tool using a wide metal grinding attachment to remove and shape the trigger guard.
next, I started with course sand paper and gradually switched to smoother and smoother sand paper. Lastly I used a felt polishing wheel and got the surface extreme smooth. Just take your time.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
First, started out with a dremel tool using a wide metal grinding attachment to remove and shape the trigger guard.
next, I started with course sand paper and gradually switched to smoother and smoother sand paper. Lastly I used a felt polishing wheel and got the surface extreme smooth. Just take your time.
Please be aware, it nullifies your warranty on the gun.
Also, this will put this gun a Unlimited catagory only when and if ever used to shoot GSSF.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I forgot, after I finished, I used black leather dye to darken where I sanded and polished. The black leather dye matched up perfect (Kiwi brand). So far has not rubbed off even with water. Still looking good.

PS, Warranty, who needs a warranty, Its a Glock!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts