problem!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by three_glocks, Jan 20, 2012.

1. three_glocks

three_glocks New Member

i added the tactical rail on my gen4 glock 17, but now the slide sticks when i charge it?...wth?

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Dnt the gen 4 already have a tact rail...

3. jeffrey3208

jeffrey3208 New Member

yeah, i thought they already came with a rail? i have a gen 4 17 and its got a rail... did you get a new lower? what do you mean you added a rail?

4. do you mean you installed a light on the rail? If so, you may have over tightened it

5. jeffrey3208

jeffrey3208 New Member

yeah, if its like nukinfuts said, if you installed a accessory on your already pre-existing rail, check and make sure you mounted it correctly. Cuz if its mounted wrong or over tightened it can tweak your frame a bit which would cause it to bind. (remember polymer is flexible)

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Ditto. three_glocks, do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

7. three_glocks

three_glocks New Member

its the tactical rail that mounts on the bottom and wraps around the slide with the rail on top, so a red dot or other sight can be added, all it does is slide on the existing rail and the locking piece just slides into place

8. I'm jealous of the Glock pad, I have never been able to score one. I know lots of people that got them free.

I would check fitment and tightness, something is clearly compressing the frame or not aligned right.

9. three_glocks

three_glocks New Member

yea i found that pad at the gun store i go to, and i think its just super tight on that whole bottom part of the gun because whwn i look down the sights and sides theres nothing on the rail touching it.. it upsets me that its doin this lol

10. chris

chris New Member

Where did you get this? And who makes it. I want one on my 19 and 23

11. three_glocks

three_glocks New Member

hmm, bad mold could be it i didn really think of that... and i got it from amazon from the site link rockyourglock.com

12. three_glocks

three_glocks New Member

this things fit perfect on my 22... the 22 is what i carry.. fml

13. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey man, how did you like dealing with Rockyourglock.com? I just purchased from them a G21C with the V shaped vents and some other customizations.

*Sorry Thread Hijack*

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  14. I would tell them whats going on and ask to swap it out