Problem with dropping G-33 barrel in G-27

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Lucian_253, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought a factory G-33 barrel for my G-27, because I thought it might be fun to shoot .357 sig sometimes. Everything I read said that I could just drop the 33 barrel in, and even use the 27's magazine. I bought a 33 magazine anyway, to avoid accidentally forgetting that one of my .40
    mags had .357 in it. Now here's my problem. When I chamber a round in the 33 barrel, it doesn't want to feed properly. It will hang up on the feed ramp, unless I rack the slide very hard. When I rack the slide hard the bullet will chamber, but when I took the barrel out I noticed that the factory coating on the feed ramp is coming off. I am looking for any comments or suggestions please.

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Sounds like a recoil spring assembly issue.

3. Lucian_253

I have tried it with factory recoil spring and stainless, with the same result.

4. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Hmmm... I would contact the manufacturer of the barrel and see what they say

5. Lucian_253

6. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Yeah I would see what they think the issue could be

7. Lucian_253

I will give them a ring tomorrow, thanks for the advice. Do you think I could just polish the feed ramp a little?

8. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

It might work, but I wouldn't do anything until you talk to them in case they want the barrel back.

9. Lucian_253

Good enough thanks again for replying. I will give Glock a call and go from there.

10. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

No problem, shoot me a message any time if you have any more questions