Glock Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Premium Member
522 Posts
Was this a good deal? My LGS called me and they had a Walther ppq sc that was shipped to them with one 10 round mag and one 15 round mag. The 15 is illegal in CT. So, Walther ppq sc with one mag for $530 OTD, is that fair in this market?

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Was this a good deal? My LGS called me and they had a Walther ppq sc that was shipped to them with one 10 round mag and one 15 round mag. The 15 is illegal in CT. So, Walther ppq sc with one mag for $530 OTD, is that fair in this market?
Hard to say. Local markets vary. It doesn’t sound crazy but...

· Registered
78 Posts
Here in Phoenix, 9mm is extremely hard to find and when I can find it, the price seems high and quantity is extremely limited. Last weekend, I went to one of the gun clubs that I belong to and was told that I was limited to one box of 9mm and could only buy it if I was shooting on the range. It was Fiocchi. The cost before my member discount was $19.99 for a box of 50 rounds; price after 15% member discount was $16.99 for the box. I had the same experience at the same gun club the week earlier (though they allowed me to box two boxes at that time). The other gun club I belong to said they hadn't gotten any 9mm in for something like 7-10 days.

Back on July 22, a LGS here was selling a 50 round box of Federal 115 grain 9mm for what I believe was $29.99. I just checked the LGS's Facebook page and they seem to currently have the same Federal for $24.99 (so maybe I'm not remembering the 7/22 price correctly).

A couple of weeks ago, I was hunting for a Ruger Mark IV Tactical because .22LR is more readily available and cheaper than 9mm. I only found two places in two that had it in stock. One was one of my gun clubs, which was selling it for $489.99. The other was an LGS next to the club, which was selling it for $427.99. I ended up getting my club to match the $427.99 price. I'm thinking the $489.99 price was inflated due to the current scarcity, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Here in Phoenix, 9mm is extremely hard to find and when I can find it, the price seems high and quantity is extremely limited. Last weekend, I went to one of the gun clubs that I belong to and was told that I was limited to one box of 9mm and could only buy it if I was shooting on the range. It was Fiocchi. The cost before my member discount was $19.99 for a box of 50 rounds; price after 15% member discount was $16.99 for the box. I had the same experience at the same gun club the week earlier (though they allowed me to box two boxes at that time). The other gun club I belong to said they hadn't gotten any 9mm in for something like 7-10 days.

Back on July 22, a LGS here was selling a 50 round box of Federal 115 grain 9mm for what I believe was $29.99. I just checked the LGS's Facebook page and they seem to currently have the same Federal for $24.99 (so maybe I'm not remembering the 7/22 price correctly).

A couple of weeks ago, I was hunting for a Ruger Mark IV Tactical because .22LR is more readily available and cheaper than 9mm. I only found two places in two that had it in stock. One was one of my gun clubs, which was selling it for $489.99. The other was an LGS next to the club, which was selling it for $427.99. I ended up getting my club to match the $427.99 price. I'm thinking the $489.99 price was inflated due to the current scarcity, but I'm not 100% sure of that.
I thought everyone in AZ carried .45 acp. ; )

· Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
823 Posts
My LGS got a pallet of 9mm in this past week, was limiting to 300 rounds per customer. 100rd boxes of armscor were 54.00 so I grabbed two boxes. other calibers were still limit one box only so I grabbed a box of .45 acp it was something like 25.00 for 50 rounds.

· Premium Member
522 Posts
My LGS received many, many cases of 9mm, .45ACP defensive rounds last week. Plenty to go around with no limit. However, my load of choice is Gold Dot 124+p and the price is $50 per box! Even so, I picked up 5 boxes.

· Registered
78 Posts
Yesterday, I paid $12.59 (after member discount) per box of 50 for Federal 115 grain target 9mm ammo at one of my local gun clubs. The limit was two boxes per member. It was for range sales or firearms sales. Also yesterday, the other gun club I belong to was charging $22 per box of 9mm before member discount ($19 after discount) for what I believe is Fiocchi target ammo (that's what they've been selling lately). I think they said it was a one box limit per member (if it wasn't one box, it was two boxes). The first gun club had Aguila .22LR for $2.69 per box after member discount ($2.99 before discount) with a two box per member discount; the second gun club didn't have any .22LR. A LGS that is next to first gun club was selling a brand of 9mm that I had never heard of for $15 or 16 per box with a two box limit.

Earlier in the week, I called another LGS. They had target 9mm for $31.99 per box of 50 rounds. They blamed the high price on their supplier and told me I was better off getting as much ammo as I could from the gun clubs in tow.

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
my last ammo purchase was a case of fiocci 1200fps 115 grain 9 for 20 cents a round, during this covid mess, about 4 months back. 22.3 cents a round with tax and shipping from Natchezss, the price really stuck out on ammoseek that day, but I was still lamenting my ammo addiction. These days I feel blessed to have that addiction, but feel wuhan has cured me of any more purchases. Texting with my son yesterday, he says he wants to stock up next time things chill out, then sell at double...I said "hold my beer" :D...craziest is seeing the Winchester 124 NATO that I paid 21 cents w/tax/shipping going for 63 cents on ammoseek the other day. Freaking triple in price.
Gun I ordered then cancelled some months back, as I couldn't get to the counter, has gone from $700 to $900....all I'm buying lately is targets; Midway discounts...and springs/firing pins/channel liners etc...

· Registered
78 Posts
I forgot to mention that, on the brighter side of things, while I was shooting on the gun club's range Saturday, my wife went to Walmart and managed to snag me seven boxes of Winchester .22LR 36 Grain 1280 FP Hollow Point Copper Plated. Each box has 555 rounds. Price per box was $21.53 so that's a little less than 3.9 cents per round.

Although I prefer shooting the G19, the Ruger Mark IV is holding me over nicely until 9mm prices become more reasonable.

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
I forgot to mention that, on the brighter side of things, while I was shooting on the gun club's range Saturday, my wife went to Walmart and managed to snag me seven boxes of Winchester .22LR 36 Grain 1280 FP Hollow Point Copper Plated. Each box has 555 rounds. Price per box was $21.53 so that's a little less than 3.9 cents per round.

Although I prefer shooting the G19, the Ruger Mark IV is holding me over nicely until 9mm prices become more reasonable.
I still shoot weekly, but yeah, box or two of centerfire pistol/rifle, then a quick couple hundred rounds of .22. Pinging steel at 200 with my Marlin 60 is a blast, and that pretty accurate pewpewpew with the pistols is real fun. Got a conversion for G17's, and love how accurate it is.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.