Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
In general I believe. Coins are getting scarce, maybe due to more people shopping online and paying electronically.
Silver and gold going up as well. Ironically, despite what ammo prices may lead you to believe, brass is down.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts

· Registered
825 Posts
I say you are either full of crap or you have some “in” where you are buying stuff prior to others.

Where specifically are you located and what LGS are you using?

I honestly doubt you’ll answer...
nope, i'll respond to your call of bull-crap.

the LGS i go to is a huge distributor of many makes of guns, of all kinds. he gets pallets of ammo weekly, different calibers, for rifle and hand gun. i was there that one day when such a large pallet was being taken off a truck.

i stand in line and wait till the doors open like everyone else.

sucks to be you then, if you are having a hard time finding ammo, or some makes of guns, or for you to think people are either lying, or full of crap, or whatever. .

his "used gun" cases are full, (unlike the range i belong to, and sparse to empty of used guns) and i have mentioned a time or two what state i live in.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
yeah, i cannot say why some parts of the country are starving for guns and ammo.

do you go to a LGS that is a distributor, or a store that gets his stuff, FROM a distributor?

the LGS that i go to, is a huge distributor for several makes of guns, no matter what they be, hand gun or rifle.

i was standing in line one morning, 2 weeks ago in fact, before the store opened up, at 10 AM.

here comes a tractor-trailer to the back door.

out comes 4 pallets of various ammo. i did not buy what came off the truck, but i did buy 200 rds of Federal .45 ACP at $80, down from $139.00

that's what, 40¢ per cartridge? as opposed to 69¢ if i paid the $139.00...???

since i am BRAND new to the .45 ACP crowd, i don't know what the prices were before all the panic buying.

all i DO know is that the higher the caliber, the higher the prices will be.

now if i go to the survival store, they have .45 ACP ammo for like $23.00 per 50.

so i bought 2 boxes, and i still got a $3.50 discount with them, for being a "member".

i try to "spread it around" at the various stores in my area.

that way, i can only hope that i can get what i want, when i need it.

i dunno, i'm trying to keep most of it local, and buy online when i can as well.
I paid 30-34 cents a round for .45acp just before shtf. Remington and Freedom Munitions mainly but some other stuff as well. 9mm, paid 16-21 cents, Freedom reloads to Winchester NATO. Lucked out, compulsory buy during the pandemic, got a case of Fiocci 1200fps 115grain for $223 delivered. I remember cursing my ammo addiction after the purchase, but am glad I was addicted. Addiction cured daily with a visit to ammoseek.com when I start jonesin' for a fix, substitued dehumidifiers one day, to keep what I got fresh. I see 9mm going for more than I paid for some of my .308.
If I was buying another gun now, I'd get something in 7.62x 39 and immediately order 3k rounds of ammo.
I'm a state away from Buddy. LGS advertising 9mm for 22 cents a round, cases, and cans of .223 around 42 cents, same stuff I paid 25-30 cents for. Same deal though, get in line...and no way am I doing that. Fortunately no need.

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Reactions: RIP

· Registered
825 Posts
I paid 30-34 cents a round for .45acp just before shtf. Remington and Freedom Munitions mainly but some other stuff as well. 9mm, paid 16-21 cents, Freedom reloads to Winchester NATO. Lucked out, compulsory buy during the pandemic, got a case of Fiocci 1200fps 115grain for $223 delivered. I remember cursing my ammo addiction after the purchase, but am glad I was addicted. Addiction cured daily with a visit to ammoseek.com when I start jonesin' for a fix, substitued dehumidifiers one day, to keep what I got fresh. I see 9mm going for more than I paid for some of my .308.
If I was buying another gun now, I'd get something in 7.62x 39 and immediately order 3k rounds of ammo.
I'm a state away from Buddy. LGS advertising 9mm for 22 cents a round, cases, and cans of .223 around 42 cents, same stuff I paid 25-30 cents for. Same deal though, get in line...and no way am I doing that. Fortunately no need.
i believe the 200 rds of .45 ACP, at $79,99 comes out to about 39¢ each. i had at first no desire to buy my CZ .45, but then i did, so i needed some ammo.

standing in line, let me say that i get there early, before the doors open, so i am anywhere from 1st to 5th in line. no, i do not stand in line daily, nor weekly, nor in heat and humidity.

just like many stores around here, like walmart, the line starts at 6 to 6:30 AM, for the doors to open at 7. when the toilet paper craze was in full swing?

wasn't uncommon to drive by at 5:30 AM and see people standing in line...!! screw that.

some people simply cannot or do not want to believe anyone talking about availability of either ammo of weapons, and can only allude to calling them liars.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
nope, i'll respond to your call of bull-crap.

the LGS i go to is a huge distributor of many makes of guns, of all kinds. he gets pallets of ammo weekly, different calibers, for rifle and hand gun. i was there that one day when such a large pallet was being taken off a truck.

i stand in line and wait till the doors open like everyone else.

sucks to be you then, if you are having a hard time finding ammo, or some makes of guns, or for you to think people are either lying, or full of crap, or whatever. .

his "used gun" cases are full, (unlike the range i belong to, and sparse to empty of used guns) and i have mentioned a time or two what state i live in.
Buddy,

I came across like a jerk. No excuses...I apologize for my rude response.

Buzz

· !3M TA3
632 Posts
I had a Drs. appt. earlier today with my pain management Dr. I dropped my prescriptions off to get filled and while that took almost 2 hours I went to a gun store across the street. He had 4 Glock G19.4's for $749 each (used), a G21.3 SF for $850 (used), and a 19X for $925 (NIB). I wanted to take pics of the prices but they wouldn't let me. I asked if those prices were negotiable, and they said there was "SOME" wiggle room. :eek:

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
I had a Drs. appt. earlier today with my pain management Dr. I dropped my prescriptions off to get filled and while that took almost 2 hours I went to a gun store across the street. He had 4 Glock G19.4's for $749 each (used), a G21.3 SF for $850 (used), and a 19X for $925 (NIB). I wanted to take pics of the prices but they wouldn't let me. I asked if those prices were negotiable, and they said there was "SOME" wiggle room. :eek:
Crazy prices!!! The fact they wouldn’t let you take pics, shows they know they are price gauging their customers.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Crazy prices!!! The fact they wouldn’t let you take pics, shows they know they are price gauging their customers.
Most shops won’t let you take pics. I didn’t care when I worked at the gun store. I’ve taken pics at some stores. I never asked for permission and haven’t been yelled at.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.