Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

· Premium Member
952 Posts
I bought a Colt Expanse AR that sat after our Black Friday sale a few years ago. I paid around $600 for it. Just as an investment gun. They are selling for over $900 on Gun Broker!:eek:
Might be time to sell.
Soon it'll be worth the same as a ounce of gold.....maybe more. I wouldn't sell it. And if they come for it, bury it.

· Registered
3,746 Posts
"Do we ever go back to shelves stacked to the ceiling with 9mm/5.56/.223? I miss ammo.".
I'd be curious to know if any of the folks here on this form that reload their own ammo are having any trouble getting the components to reload (caps, bullets, powder etc.) or if the shortage is only for "ready to shoot" ammo.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
"Do we ever go back to shelves stacked to the ceiling with 9mm/5.56/.223? I miss ammo.".
I'd be curious to know if any of the folks here on this form that reload their own ammo are having any trouble getting the components to reload (caps, bullets, powder etc.) or if the shortage is only for "ready to shoot" ammo.
It’ll go back to normal at some point. Always has. High peaks and low valleys in the gun industry.
I worked when it was booming and lost my job when it went bust. Now the boom is happening.

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
I tried to order a CMMG Resolute today, but both model numbers I gave the gun shop to look for were out of stock everywhere. Something to look forward to for next year I suppose... :oops:

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
I don't reload, but a few clubmates I've talked to who do mention supplies getting harder to find.

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Was on gun broker or similar yesterday. SKS's going for $750-$900 iirc. At least the ammo for them is still cheap, but lgs builds new AR's in that cal for $850.
Good grief. Last SKS I bought I paid $139 for and thought that was too high. In the early 90's I had my ffl and was buying them nib for $59, or $39 if I bought a 5-pack at once.

· Happy Member :)
5,225 Posts
Was on gun broker or similar yesterday. SKS's going for $750-$900 iirc. At least the ammo for them is still cheap, but lgs builds new AR's in that cal for $850.
Ordered a military surplus sks off palmetto state armory on Saturday for under $400.... def ain't going to be nothing like new but still an sks

· Registered
1 Posts
Here in North Texas it’s gone. CABELA’S, Academy, you name it, no ammo except shotgun and hunting calibers. I check the internet sites like GunBroker and Texas Gun Trader, the word is out and gouging is back again.
If you can find good deals you better partake before you lose that opportunity!
I was at the Academy in Flower Mound today and they had a grand total of 3 semi auto pistols and maybe 4 wheel guns. The pistol ammo was completely gone, but there was a descent amount of hunting and target shotgun shells.

· Registered
40 Posts
My local dealer was desperate for 9mm handguns and 9mm ammo, took him a g19 5gen, a g19 4gen, a Walther P38, Walther PPK, several Makarov's and a Ruger P95 and P89. All pretty much new in the box. They all sold within a few days. Also traded him Remington yellow box 9mm marked $6.79 for same amount of .357 Sig marked $40 a box. Thinning the collection a little.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
yeah, i cannot say why some parts of the country are starving for guns and ammo.

do you go to a LGS that is a distributor, or a store that gets his stuff, FROM a distributor?

the LGS that i go to, is a huge distributor for several makes of guns, no matter what they be, hand gun or rifle.

i was standing in line one morning, 2 weeks ago in fact, before the store opened up, at 10 AM.

here comes a tractor-trailer to the back door.

out comes 4 pallets of various ammo. i did not buy what came off the truck, but i did buy 200 rds of Federal .45 ACP at $80, down from $139.00

that's what, 40¢ per cartridge? as opposed to 69¢ if i paid the $139.00...???

since i am BRAND new to the .45 ACP crowd, i don't know what the prices were before all the panic buying.

all i DO know is that the higher the caliber, the higher the prices will be.

now if i go to the survival store, they have .45 ACP ammo for like $23.00 per 50.

so i bought 2 boxes, and i still got a $3.50 discount with them, for being a "member".

i try to "spread it around" at the various stores in my area.

that way, i can only hope that i can get what i want, when i need it.

i dunno, i'm trying to keep most of it local, and buy online when i can as well.
So I had a couple drinks when I originally responded to this post and act d like an
a$$h011.

My apologies to the poster and the board.

Reactions: buddy157

· Registered
3,746 Posts
I was at the Academy in Flower Mound today and they had a grand total of 3 semi auto pistols and maybe 4 wheel guns. The pistol ammo was completely gone, but there was a descent amount of hunting and target shotgun shells.
I have actually been to Flower Mound before. It was one of only 3 deer hunts I have been on in my life. It remember it was 36 degrees and raining that day. I didn’t get a deer that day, but it was so cold I didn’t even really want one either because I would have had to leave the blind.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.