Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all seen the inflated prices of firearms in general across the board, especially GLOCK pistols for sure. I would rather not talk about ammo much. I have my zombie apocalypse stockpile, but of course i want more. F**k ammo. So when does all of this inflation reach its peak? Im very fortunate to have bought my 19x last year, and all of my mos models(19 17 45) were purchased long before "the shortage". When does this madness stop? Does it ever stop? Do we ever go back to shelves stacked to the ceiling with 9mm/5.56/.223? I miss ammo. F**K U AMMO!!!!

· Super Moderator
79,028 Posts

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
I bought a Colt Expanse AR that sat after our Black Friday sale a few years ago. I paid around $600 for it. Just as an investment gun. They are selling for over $900 on Gun Broker!:eek:
Might be time to sell.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I bought a Colt Expanse AR that sat after our Black Friday sale a few years ago. I paid around $600 for it. Just as an investment gun. They are selling for over $900 on Gun Broker!:eek:
Might be time to sell.
Yep, to some unsuspecting buyer who doesn't know that is built outside of a Colt factory with non Colt parts. It has a prancing pony on it! :rolleyes:;)

Reactions: Danzig

· Registered
1,014 Posts
One way or the other 11/04/2020 will make changes to Ammo availability and price.
If Trump wins again the left will greatly increase their violence and really spread out their reach into less populated areas. Who's kidding who? The violence is going to spread anyway you look at it.

I lived in Kent Ohio when the KSU riots happened. The M-1 Garand ended the protest movement of the SDS.

It is going to take the average Joe in this country to put down this anarchist/communist insurgency. That's why they are trying so hard to take the guns. Bloomberg doesn't give a ****. He has money and power. Soros I am sure has a plan to continue his funding forever long after he has passed.

If you see the Portland videos when the Feds grab these snowflakes they turn into instant pussies. If the authorities start imprisoning these turds with no bail, and charge them as terrorists this will slow them down. And start pumping some bullets in the really violent ones.

Unbelievable the things they get away with the Molotov cocktails, fireworks, and other deadly force and the local cops just stand there and take it.

My brother is with the Florida Highway Patrol. He got "tapped" to work the RNC in Jacksonville. I'm glad they cancelled it.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
If Trump wins I think he’s going to take a page out of Obama’s playbook, sic the IRS after the leftist organizations.
90% of these Antifa warriors will burn their black uniforms if they get real pushback.
If Biden wins, the anti-American groups will take it as a mandate and take it to the next level.
We’ll see.

· Registered
825 Posts
We've all seen the inflated prices of firearms in general across the board, especially GLOCK pistols for sure. I would rather not talk about ammo much. I have my zombie apocalypse stockpile, but of course i want more. F**k ammo. So when does all of this inflation reach its peak? Im very fortunate to have bought my 19x last year, and all of my mos models(19 17 45) were purchased long before "the shortage". When does this madness stop? Does it ever stop? Do we ever go back to shelves stacked to the ceiling with 9mm/5.56/.223? I miss ammo. F**K U AMMO!!!!
i am still buying handguns at below MSRP at my LGS.

even the range i am a member of, the prices are below MSRP.

so, i don't know where you're buying your guns.

and ammo, either 9MM or .45 ACP both of which i use, is available as well, albeit only "slightly" higher than before the mad rush to the stores by the pandemic crowds.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts

and ammo, either 9MM or .45 ACP both of which i use, is available as well, albeit only "slightly" higher than before the mad rush to the stores by the pandemic crowds.
Here in North Texas it’s gone. CABELA’S, Academy, you name it, no ammo except shotgun and hunting calibers. I check the internet sites like GunBroker and Texas Gun Trader, the word is out and gouging is back again.
If you can find good deals you better partake before you lose that opportunity!

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I paid $.25 a round for Wolf x39 yesterday shipped. If Brownell's has the inventory. I'll find out tomorrow. I was used to paying $.19+$18 shipping for the Mil-Spec Wolf with sealant and lacquer not polymer coating.

· Registered
825 Posts
Here in North Texas it’s gone. CABELA’S, Academy, you name it, no ammo except shotgun and hunting calibers. I check the internet sites like GunBroker and Texas Gun Trader, the word is out and gouging is back again.
If you can find good deals you better partake before you lose that opportunity!
i do. i go the the LGS and a survival store, and i'll pick up a box or 2 of .45 ACP, or 9MM, no matter the brand.

.45 ACP is a bit higher than 9MM here, but as long as i have a good supply, i'm ok with spending a tad bit more at times.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

We're dried up in the CSRA here in South Carolina i would thank my lucky stars to not be affected by any of this craziness god bless you. Prices of firearms arent bad in retail stores WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HAVE THEM. Thats the issue. And apart from maybe a couple days a week a couple hours at a time, ammo is virtually absent, nonexistent, whatever word you want to use. The **** just aint there!!! Nobody's making this **** up some are more lucky than others i suppose

· Registered
825 Posts
We're dried up in the CSRA here in South Carolina i would thank my lucky stars to not be affected by any of this craziness god bless you. Prices of firearms arent bad in retail stores WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HAVE THEM. Thats the issue. And apart from maybe a couple days a week a couple hours at a time, ammo is virtually absent, nonexistent, whatever word you want to use. The **** just aint there!!! Nobody's making this **** up some are more lucky than others i suppose
yeah, i cannot say why some parts of the country are starving for guns and ammo.

do you go to a LGS that is a distributor, or a store that gets his stuff, FROM a distributor?

the LGS that i go to, is a huge distributor for several makes of guns, no matter what they be, hand gun or rifle.

i was standing in line one morning, 2 weeks ago in fact, before the store opened up, at 10 AM.

here comes a tractor-trailer to the back door.

out comes 4 pallets of various ammo. i did not buy what came off the truck, but i did buy 200 rds of Federal .45 ACP at $80, down from $139.00

that's what, 40¢ per cartridge? as opposed to 69¢ if i paid the $139.00...???

since i am BRAND new to the .45 ACP crowd, i don't know what the prices were before all the panic buying.

all i DO know is that the higher the caliber, the higher the prices will be.

now if i go to the survival store, they have .45 ACP ammo for like $23.00 per 50.

so i bought 2 boxes, and i still got a $3.50 discount with them, for being a "member".

i try to "spread it around" at the various stores in my area.

that way, i can only hope that i can get what i want, when i need it.

i dunno, i'm trying to keep most of it local, and buy online when i can as well.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
I used to hit up Walmart during the last panic. Now Walmart doesn’t carry that ammo anymore. :oops:
Back then I was just replenishing my habit. I haven’t shot much in the last 3-4 months so I haven’t hit critical.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I used to hit up Walmart during the last panic. Now Walmart doesn’t carry that ammo anymore. :oops:
Back then I was just replenishing my habit. I haven’t shot much in the last 3-4 months so I haven’t hit critical.
I have a discussion with some guys about doing some training next week. Not sure what they plan on doing in the shooting arena. I will train long gun with an AR47 as I have a plethora of x39.

Reactions: mattm

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I went to a local pawn shop to buy a stripped lower. Holy crap!! Every 5 minutes someone was walking out with a new over priced gun. Lots of inventory. Not much in the Glock flavors. XD's, S&W's, Rugers. Another shop in town had 3 handguns, zero long guns. Pretty much an empty shell.

· Registered
224 Posts
Hickman County, Tennessee - Brings back such memories. I ran a company based in Lisle, hung out at Kelly's Corner Cafe a lot and lived in Franklin. Shot Skeet at the old Monsanto Factory grounds and fished the Piney.

Bob

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.