Glock Firearms banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
I`ve heard people speak of GSSF,
What does the membership cost per year?
And dont you have to go shoot on some competition course to be a member?
$35/ year. And no need to participate in matches. Though I will tell you, they are a boatload of fun.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw on Gunbroker an 8lb jug of Varget Powder Up fo auction. Opening bid was $3000.
Current bid was $4600. Go figure...
I

·
Super Moderator
72,323 Posts
Saw on Gunbroker an 8lb jug of Varget Powder Up fo auction. Opening bid was $3000.
Current bid was $4600. Go figure...
I
You Can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think the ammo cost and shortage problems are worse than 2008 for a lot of reasons. Components are more expensive, especially metal. There is even more justified fear of the Democrats imposing very draconian limitations or outright bans. Due to Covid, the first time gun buyers, and ammo purchasers, exploded. The typical hording/collecting of supplies during any time of uncertainty has a compounding effect on limited supply....kind of like the toilet paper run of April/May 2020.;)I stocked up just prior to Obama taking office and it turned out to be a smart move, but I think the present situation will be years in the making. And then there is the price gouging issue to boot.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
Due to Covid, the first time gun buyers, and ammo purchasers, exploded.
People say Covid, but it was really the roving thugs of BLM/Antifa randomly attacking people and pillaging/burning businesses and neighborhoods that spurred explosive gun purchases.
Despite a media blackout on current BLM/Antifa activities, anyone with their eyes open know they aren’t done yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw where Bud’s was offering financing for 100 rounds of 9mm fmj range ammunition! That’s an indication of things to come...stand by folks. It’s going to be a wild ride.

·
Registered
428 Posts
here is the thing, I never said I didn’t have ammo. It just pisses me off that everyone is price gouging right now. I mean I get it, supply versus demand and “this is capitalism” and that schmit. It still pisses me off.
It’s not exclusively a matter of capitalism or supply/demand but pure survival for many of them.

Bills come every month - we all live with that. If your entire inventory for the year is what you would normally sell in 3 months, you have to charge 4x the amount for it to be able to pay 12 months of bills. If supply/demand is enough that you can actually get that price, you live to fight another year. If it’s not, you’re bankrupt.

To me, that’s different than someone who is price gouging. But it’s near impossible to know what is happening to someone behind the scenes. I think there has been a lot of both going on, but the longer this lasts the less gouging is happening and more prices represent someone’s desperation.

Reactions: wrpNYFL

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I guess I’ll have to get out my slingshot, because I’m just not going to pay these prices. I’ll just have to find something else to do besides shoot until/when/if this shortage is over.

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
525 Posts
so stepson come by last night, he was at a local liquor/gun store buying a couple pistols when another gun store 30 miles away called and asked the owner what he was selling boxes of 9mm for. The liquor store owner said 15, the other guy said you are way to cheap bump the price up to 35 I cant keep them on the shelf. Liquor store owner yup ok good bye, turned to stepson and said he not going to rip off his customers. I guess I will be going today after work and checking the place out.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Personally if you don't have it soon it might not be there. I am looking for a ban on all imported ammo really soon. This includes x39 boys and girls.

If you are looking to the past attempts at bans and restrictions, there is 10+ bills in gear right now. They are going after everything. They have 2 years to get things done, maybe more. Bloomberg, and other tyrants are tossing big money and lawyers into the fight.

When the media calls a black man a white supremacist and nobody questions them we are in dangerous times.

When an Alzheimer patient who didn't campaign, hid out in his basement, and a VP choice who dropped out before the first primary because they was no support or money for her candidacy get elected? The media did it for them. It's very much happening.

Back the GOA, FPC, 2AF,, your local organizations and others. The NRA is full of **** and doing nothing. They need their money to keep LePew and their lot out of prison and to attempt to save the brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When Trump was president ammo costs were low why didn't the whiners stock up when there was abundance [ it is biblical] People will buy cases of ammo when the prices are .90 cents per round ,but didn't buy 4 cases when the ammo when the costs were >17 cents per round? It is like reading in the news about the homes in Texas that during the freeze had pipes burst. Don't people think to turn off the water and drain the pipes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The NRA is no longer an asset for gun owners, but a liability, and it couldn’t have happened at a worse time with this freak show we now have in the White House.
The concern is the politician and unionized government employee crime gang that their pensions are more important than the constitution and our rights. Most people seem to not study history , the Jews in Hitler's Germany were herded into the showers by the military and government employees who were just following orders.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts